• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Firmware Upgrade

jason91

Is there a real benefit of upgrading your printers firmware? How do you even find out if your firmware is up to date? I haven't upgraded in years? Doesn't roland have a site your printer firmware updates...Only thing that seems to get updated is versaworks

excelerator

Ask your service tech to install the Peck utility. You can use that to install firmware updates, which you can download from rolanddga.com/support page for your printer.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Ragnabrok

the firmware updates are executable files, the printer needs to be off on the front. You can see what the current firmware version is by double clicking on the printer picture in versaworks, or through the printers menu/system.

Firmware updates can offer improvements, one was to reduce the frequency of re-inserting cartridges on the vs so they don't fail, one corrected the cleaning cycle on the VS to stop white retracting in the lines, sometimes they add support for new inks or retrofitted newer parts like pumps on the pro 2 and motor on the VS.