• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

First day with Big Squeegee and Kooto Cutter

Stagecraft

Finally asssembled the Kooto Cutter and used it and my Big Squeegee for the first time. Super impressed with both products and will definitely be ordering more sizes of the BS! Don't know how I managed the past few decades without these things. - Boyd

Last edited:

kffernandez

hi! can the kooto cutter handle 3mm/5mm sintra boards? their site said that it cuts non-rigid types. but i'm hoping that sintra's could be soft enough to be handled by the kooto cutter. :)

kelly

Stagecraft

Sorry Kelly, can't say as all I had to cut today was a large quantity of Coroplast signs. There are others on this forum with much more experience with the cutter than me. I can tell you though that it's simple, fast, accurate and safe. I once ended up in a hospital emergency room because of an incident while cutting Coroplast, not a chance of that happening with this thing! - Boyd

kffernandez

thanks anyway, boyd! i've always been on the lookout for tools that are "simple, fast, accurate, and safe." if not to make life a bit easier... but at least to avoid losing any fingers. :thumb:

i already have several big squeegees for my installs, and a 54" Guardian Guide for my sintra cuts. both works wonderfully, but a wall mounted cutting tool will minimize those back pains tremendously! :clapping:

kelly

Stagecraft

Have been using the Kooto for just over a week now and have some observations...I've found that I'm not getting the straight line accuracy I was hoping for. The aluminum extrusions in the assembly are proving to be a little light when cutting foam-cored pvc sheeting and I'm seeing off track cutting as much as .25" over a 4' span. The off-tracking is especially severe when only one side of the clamping bar comes into contact with the substrate (like when trying to shave the edge off a board). I can see now that for doing higher precision jobs, I'm going to need to invest in a more robust cutter. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing the Kooto as it does a fine job with Coroplast and we will definitetly keep using it for such, but potential buyers should be aware of it's limitations. - Boyd