• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

First full wrap

graphix45

Thought I would post some pictures of my first full wrap. The vinyl was Avery and was printed by someone in IL and shipped to the State Farm agent here, we just installed it. I didn't like where the phone # ended up but that's where they showed it on there drawings.

Attachments

• IMG_3983.jpg
    IMG_3983.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_3993.jpg
    IMG_3993.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_3999.jpg
    IMG_3999.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_4013.jpg
    IMG_4013.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_4018.jpg
    IMG_4018.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_4019.jpg
    IMG_4019.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 109

HulkSmash

might want to add relief cuts to that door stopper...those things have D/S Tape on the back, and clipped, they vibrate a lot and will cause your wrap to loosen around it..

graphix45

You pulled the SILVERADO letters off then stuck them back on top of the wrap?
Yes. this was requested by the customer and he didn't mind paying a little extra. I made a template using transfer tape so I could line them back up, then used 3M emblem adhesive to re-attach them.

graphix45

Looks great, nice job. Just curious, is it normal practice to go over the pinstripe or remove it?
I mentioned removing the pinstripe & the Z71 decal, but he wanted them left in place. I told him you would be able to see them under the wrap but he insisted.:covereyes:

idsignsil

Here is a GMC that we recently did. We took the door moldings off, which was not hard. Getting all of the black adhesive tape of was a pain in the back side. It is a clean look if you take them off. But if the client wanted them left on, then you got to do what they want. Wrap looks good, nice install job.

Attachments

• 039.jpg
    039.jpg
    299.6 KB · Views: 98

Craig Sjoquist

Wrap install looks great.
Don't know why designers put information on bottom of trucks & cars though, something I see alot also spread it around to much.

TDFcustomSL

Here is a GMC that we recently did. We took the door moldings off, which was not hard. Getting all of the black adhesive tape of was a pain in the back side. It is a clean look if you take them off. But if the client wanted them left on, then you got to do what they want. Wrap looks good, nice install job.

I work in a body shop full time (signs on the side). The fastest and easiest way to remove the adhesive tape is to invest in a 3m eraser wheel, there are cheaper ones out there but 3m is of course "the best" pop it in your cordless drill and itll take the tape of no problem, just be sure to not stay in one spot too long or you can burn through the paint. Just keep the wheel moving, usually up and down is best but once you do it a few times youll learn a technique that works for you.

mudmedia

Looks Good.. Only thing I would have done was do it in more sections so it would appear seamless instead of a seam right above the window

OlsonSigns601

Nice job. We just did a partial on the same truck. We took the panel and silverado off. Customer got the plactic and letters back in a bag.

Enjoyed the smooth flat surfaces of the truck, even the hood was easy to wrap.

Great job and good client to make happy, hope it brings you lots of referals and repeats.