• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

First Laminator

TomK

Hello All!

We are a small sticker and decal shop, and we do a bunch of small signs, 10x14 type. I've been using a Big Squeegee to laminate everything so far, but think it is about time we move into a laminator.

I've been looking at 30-40" capable systems, and so far looking at Royal Sovereign and GFP. What other recommendations do you all have? Do I need heat assist or just cold?

Budget is 3k to 5k, prefer to stay on the lower end if possible.

Thanks!

Brink

I have a USTech Pro65S. It has 64.5 inch rollers so it will realistically do 63 inch stuff. It does have heat assist but I rarely use it. There are reasons for needing heat. It helps with reducing silvering on cold films. The few times that I have used the heat though, it just made the film soft and harder to work with. Overall I think it's a pretty good laminator. It's definitely large for the money. I looked at many machines in that size range for much more that the $5K that it cost me. I can't recommend other because I have not tried them. If you are every planing to do larger things though, it makes no sense to spend $5k and only get a 30" machine when for the same money you can get a 63" machine. You can use 30" materials in the 63" machine but it goes without saying that the reverse is not true.

Dennis422

US Tech MVT500 here.
Pretty good laminator for $2500-3000 (depends if on sale or not, including shipping)

ams

SEAL all the way. Had it for 2 1/2 years and never a problem. I only use cold, no heat assist or heat rollers.
Also remember that you get what you pay for. If you are looking for something cheap, it's going to give you cheap quality.