• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

First Post, First Printer, VSi-640

satanoperca

Hi All,

New to the forum, don't hold it against me.

Received my new VS-640i today. First wide format printer.

Setup with light black and white Solmax 2 inks.

First impressions, a basic toy printer for small runs to keep Corporate clients happy.

Will be doing a variety of jobs over the next few weeks.

Will keep you posted.

Versaworks, looks like a nice simple interface, but cannot understand for the life of me, why it cannot provide a higher resolution image of the artwork being ripped and ready for print.

Have been outsourcing my work to both local printers and Chinese printers for some time, sick of the f---kups on something that is relatively simple.

Cheers

satanoperca

No better way to learn but with a live job

Spent the last few days learning new printer, laminator just arrived.

Can anyone tell me if you can select a pantone color in Versaworks and then printout the color variations each side of the color, sort of like a color wheel/swatch for a particular color so that I can match it back to the pantone color the printer prints closest to the original sample?

Cheers

splizaat

Congrats! I think you'll be WELL surprised that the printer isn't just for small runs....we run 2000 stickers runs all day long on our slow sp300v....I can only imagine how much quicker a new VSi would be. Enjoy!