• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

First Post. Vinyl cutter question

I am familiar with the standard vinyl cutters and some of there nuances. I am looking for a machine that may not exist. If it does not exist, then I will build it. But before I build I want to ask...

Is there a vinyl cutter that can rewind the cut media back onto another roll? My boss is looking for a "walk away" cutter. Something that can run millions of inches a year. I know about all the labor in weeding and the premasking. We have that covered. I just need to know if something like this is out there.

Thanks!

ams

I am familiar with the standard vinyl cutters and some of there nuances. I am looking for a machine that may not exist. If it does not exist, then I will build it. But before I build I want to ask...

Is there a vinyl cutter that can rewind the cut media back onto another roll? My boss is looking for a "walk away" cutter. Something that can run millions of inches a year. I know about all the labor in weeding and the premasking. We have that covered. I just need to know if something like this is out there.

Thanks!

It would be like a media take up system.

AF

Summa has a media take-up reel option and it works very well for long runs or full rolls. On the summa, it winds up each job after they are cut. You can split a large job into several shorter ones to keep the job size under control so the take-up system works optimally.