• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

First they came for Dr. Seuss and I said nothing........

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I used those fonts for a Chinese restaurant sign...and the Chinese that bought it, loved it. No one was offended.

Sad...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
What a wonderful idea.

Let's just tear everything down and start the f*ck over. :design: In fact, how 'bout everyone contracting the corolla virus, we ALL die off and we can start the world over the correct way, when some kinda life sprouts back up.
:awesome:

Andy D

I have a theory; most of this politically correct BS is caused by white, liberal professors preaching to their white liberal parrots (students), and then it becomes
a snowball rolling down a hill....
And speaking of a hill, once a politically correct hill becomes over crowded, they start looking for some other hill they can champion, so they can continue to feel like a pious savior .... If that makes any sense

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I think people are just addicted to being angry about something, it releases dopamine just like every other rush people get from an addiction. When times are good, they have to dig a little deeper to find stuff to be outraged over. Its not limited to a political group. I see both sides acting exactly the same way and it just feeds on itself. People just need to get a life.

WildWestDesigns

I think people are just addicted to being angry about something, it releases dopamine just like every other rush people get from an addiction. When times are good, they have to dig a little deeper to find stuff to be outraged over. Its not limited to a political group. I see both sides acting exactly the same way and it just feeds on itself. People just need to get a life.

I would say that cancel culture has been embraced by more on the left then on the right. Given that colleges here have embraced it and some have brought back Jim Crow with just a different twist on it, would lend itself to being more of a leftist sentiment. I noticed that it does tend to be white liberals more often then not. I believe it was a white liberal that came up with "latinx" or something like that and I do believe that has been widely rejected by the latino community. They even fought against canceling of Speedy in the new Space Jam movie. It's (typically) white liberals that are offended for other people.

I would also speculate that it's a sense of projection. They have the same feelings that they are trying to stamp out, but by making it an immutable characteristics tied to skin color and gender, that somehow absolves them of it being their own individual characteristic. That's what victim politics is, it does away with self reflection and how to better one's self and blame their issues on someone else.

I agree with the dopamine rush, unfortunately, it requires the success of their objective in order to get that dopamine rush, which means the corporation (some of which share this ideology and thus don't mind doing it) have to "bend the knee". Those that have, have essentially given power to those people. This has been happening for a decade now, for those that are nerds (like video games, genre TV, comics etc) this has been doing on for a long time. Only now, "normies" are becoming aware of it and starting to go against it.

It's not anti anything, it's the same thing that they are supposedly against, just with a different target. That is all.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I would say that cancel culture has been embraced by more on the left then on the right. Given that colleges here have embraced it and some have brought back Jim Crow with just a different twist on it, would lend itself to being more of a leftist sentiment. I noticed that it does tend to be white liberals more often then not. I believe it was a white liberal that came up with "latinx" or something like that and I do believe that has been widely rejected by the latino community. They even fought against canceling of Speedy in the new Space Jam movie. It's (typically) white liberals that are offended for other people.

I would also speculate that it's a sense of projection. They have the same feelings that they are trying to stamp out, but by making it an immutable characteristics tied to skin color and gender, that somehow absolves them of it being their own individual characteristic. That's what victim politics is, it does away with self reflection and how to better one's self and blame their issues on someone else.

I agree with the dopamine rush, unfortunately, it requires the success of their objective in order to get that dopamine rush, which means the corporation (some of which share this ideology and thus don't mind doing it) have to "bend the knee". Those that have, have essentially given power to those people. This has been happening for a decade now, for those that are nerds (like video games, genre TV, comics etc) this has been doing on for a long time. Only now, "normies" are becoming aware of it and starting to go against it.

It's not anti anything, it's the same thing that they are supposedly against, just with a different target. That is all.
It doesnt matter which side does it more or less, fact is everyone is doing it and its hypocritical to play both sides. This stuff isnt anything new anyways, the internet just made it easier to build these crusades.
Here is an interesting read:
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/culture-shrink/201508/angers-allure-are-you-addicted-anger

rjssigns

...and people wonder why my wife and I are scouting retirement property out in the pickers. Just like my friend. Huge property with a single gated access point. Do not show up unannounced.

WildWestDesigns

It doesnt matter which side does it more or less, fact is everyone is doing it and its hypocritical to play both sides. This stuff isnt anything new anyways, the internet just made it easier to build these crusades.
Here is an interesting read:
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/culture-shrink/201508/angers-allure-are-you-addicted-anger

How one goes about trying to cancel is actually a different thing.

For instance, if there is something that I don't like to see, whatever it may be, I just don't watch/read or in other words engage in whatever that may be. This form of cancel culture is more about removing it totally, regardless if there is anyone that wants to partake. Right or wrong or indifferent doesn't matter. To me, that is the huge difference. So while, there is some overlap with a type of "canceling", how far it goes is another.

To take it further, on here, if there is a user that "you" don't want to read from, you click ignore, thereby canceling them from what you can see on your end. That isn't the same as going to the higher up and saying, I don't like this user, ban them permanently from the forum (even though they may not have actually broken any guidelines), even though there may be others that like the info that the person gives etc.

I would also say that with the internet has also made it easier for people to be exposed to ideas/humor etc that isn't exactly what they like. They have been exposed outside of their particular echo chamber sphere. And they just can't handle that. At least that's how it appears to me.

WildWestDesigns

...and people wonder why my wife and I are scouting retirement property out in the pickers. Just like my friend. Huge property with a single gated access point. Do not show up unannounced.

That's why we live in the sticks and I hardly go off the property anymore. The beer bug just made me seem less eccentric about it.

gnubler

Start pushing signs with "banned" fonts for a 25% surcharge, to be edgy and noticed. Sounds like a marketing opportunity to me, supply & demand. I already charge 25% more to anyone wanting Comic Sans or Papyrus in their design just out of principle, so no gain there.

Johnny Best

WTF
wtf.jpg

Stacey K

I like making signs
It's getting ridiculous, that's for sure. I also agree it's mostly caused by white liberals.

Since when did the minority of people, or just ONE person get to make up the rules for the rest of us?

I sure hope I can retire before being accused of making some kind of racist sign or using the wrong font!