• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

first time Print Head Replacement?? falcon outdoor Jr.

Sigsn Factory

Hi !!!
So I'm thinking of replacing me black color print head. It hasn't worked for a couple of years and I recently started to clean the lines to see if I could make it work... Long story short got ink to flow to head from cartridge, so I removed the head and soaked it for a couple of days. I got most of the nozzles to work but I shorted out the actual head fuse (the one on the back of the head ) cause the head cable had some liquid on it when I plugged it back in. Anyways found this a very inexpensive print head on ebay... but I was reading about ranking and adjustments??? I don't know if anyone would be able to help!!!???!!!!

P.S. I spoke to guy that sells the heads and he told me as long as the printer is 4 color it should work... IDK if this is correct info.

Thanks

FrankW

When liquid is on any electronical part of the head, the following shortcut could shoot the fuse on the mainboard too. On the Jr., as far as I know you need to solder in a new one.

Yes, there are adjustments to do. Perhaps someone who solds the heads to you have an instruction how to do.

Sigsn Factory

Yeah I initially thought it was the fuse on the main board but I checked both and they both work. From there I moved up to the head and checked the cable to see If I had installed it correctly that's when I saw there was liquid on the part that connect to the head circuit. I used canned air to blow it dry ... but them started testing the cable and it worked fine then I tested the head circuit and I get no power on the tiny little fuses....

the guy who is selling me the part is not being very helpful, he does not offer support for the machine and no refunds...

CRD

I would first try to replace the fuse on the head to see if the machine is working again even if some nozzles are missing, then buy a new head.
After replacing the head adjustments need to be made. I have the service manual ready for download if you need it as it is explained there.
About the ranking there some say it works even with the old head ranking and just changing 2 digits in the midlle.

Let us know your progress.

paco

Sigsn Factory

Hello
well yes changing the fuse should have been the first thing to do... but I ordered the head and installed it... still not working... so I tested the fuses with my multimeter set on ohms and the F2 fuse is not showing any charge.. so I'm changing it now.. we will see how it this turns out !!!

Thanks for the help... I would really appreciate the service manual !!!

Sigsn Factory

Okay changed the fuse!!! it started printing right away !!
Cleaned the cartridge all night and now its printing much better...
going to change the ranking !!!

Thanks for the help!!

CRD

Is it working wit the new ebay head?
Does this head has a ranking written on the side of the head?

Paco

Sigsn Factory

Its working great I have been able to print a job and boy is the black looking awesome... the head is identical to the one I replaced and yes it has the ranking written on the side !! its a great deal for the black head!!! I haven't changed the ranking yet cause I had to print a job and didn't want to mess with it!!! but when I do I will let you if the quality got better!!!

Thanks for the help!!!