• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fix or replace?

BK Vinyl

I have an HP Latex L26500 that is not registering any of the ink cartridges. It's out of warranty. I don't have a regular tech guy. Any suggestions of who to call in South NJ, or should I just look at buying a new printer? I am a small shop for a municipality.

Reveal1

Logic says, yes, get rid of it and replace with a newer one, particularly since HP has improved the lower end so much and very affordable. I have two 25500's collecting dust with supplies for sale on ebay, but can't bring myself to junk them just yet. Maybe first signs of a hoarder personality developing.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I have an HP Latex L26500 that is not registering any of the ink cartridges. It's out of warranty. I don't have a regular tech guy. Any suggestions of who to call in South NJ, or should I just look at buying a new printer? I am a small shop for a municipality.
hppromo.jpg

BK Vinyl

Thanks for the heads up. I thought stopping support meant firmware and tech support. I had no idea it meant no more ink/printheads...

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member

You would definitely want to replace the unit at this point due to HP's end of life on the inks and heads in August of this year. HP also has an extra discount for people upgrading from 2nd gen latex to 3rd gen units. We are a HP 3-in-1 dealer located in NJ and can provide you a quote on a replacement unit or if you still want to fix the L26500 we can help with that as well.

Brad Gallant

Before you give up on it, you may want to remove the left cover (unplug power first). There are 2 torx 20 screws on the bottom of the cover, 1 torx 15 screw on the bottom near the media loading table, one torx 15 screw on the inside when you open the windows, and one torx 15 on the top at the back. When you pull the cover off, you may see some little broken grey clips on the upper and lower ink bays. If you see that, you can use some zip-ties to re-attach the ink bays to the chassis. Just be careful not to block the path of the ink cartridges. Hopefully that will get you up and running until you can replace the printer. Good luck.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
Get another printer. I had an HPL25500 and it went dead on me. I couldn't get any support for it anymore, so I bought an HP315.