• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

fj 40 & fj 50 newb questions.

ccsign&graphics

Hi,

Ok, just got a hand on fj 40 & 50 used around new year's. Got tired of out-sourcing and have thought about this for a while. I'd like to hear from other fj owners. Good news (imo) is both printers want to spit and print and mind you these are aqueous/pigment printers. I have fired them up and did initial head cleaning and test prints. upon doing this i had poor test prints and after 6 test print they have gradually increased in quality. I feel that with a good cleaning I may be able to recover close to full capcity.

O.k., my question is that I have some ink that came with the printers and they are just replacements for bk,cy and magenta. light cyan and magenta are empty and need replacement. I am looking to convert to eco-sol max inks. before I do that I want to determine the printhead condition. As stupid as this may seem and mind you these are not in use and just want get a feel for need of parts and replacement. I want to just place some of the old cartidges to see if the print head will spit out ink for the lc & lm. I.e. cyan for lc and magenta for lm. sounds crazy but would rather do this now while not in use to detemine.

thanks,
Bob