• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flat vehicle graphics vinyl

VinylLab

Hey Guys,

I use 3M IJ180CV3 for vehicle graphics with any amount of curvature. I have a client that needs some logos and lettering on his enclosed trailer, which is completely flat. Will I be fine using IJ35C-10? What type of vinyl do you use for flat vehicle graphics?

Also, the IJ35C-10 is air release, but is most lamination air release as well?

Thank You.

VinylLab

Air release

I was simply wondering if lamination is air release because wouldn't it defeat the point of air-release vinyl once I laminate it?

My main question, however, is about using flat graphics on the trailer.

IJ35-c is ok film, we've used a ton of it for different projects. I'd be hesitant about using it on someone's vehicle. It has a permanent adhesive and is real pain to remove. Plus it's a tad aggressive, you need to position it right the first time, it's not easy to pull it back up and reposition.

IJ40-c maybe a better choice. I think it's the same vinyl as IJ35-c but with an IJ180 adhesive, not sure about that but it's easier to work with and behaves much closer to IJ180 with installs.

Chris

I forgot to mention both ij35 and ij40 are both thicker films so if you have rivets on the trailer you'll probably get some tinting over time.

J Hill Designs

I was simply wondering if lamination is air release because wouldn't it defeat the point of air-release vinyl once I laminate it?

um no. the vinyl will still be air release - the point of attachment is trailer -> back of vinyl - you can cover the vinyl in vaseline if you so wish, the vinyl will still have air release channels

InstantOneMedia

Our Air release vinyl is comparable to IJ40 and had a customer notify me that it: "Goes on like butter on a biscuit." (Being a yankee, I couldn't make that up!). It's only $130 a roll and great for flat surfaces and box trucks. It also handles rivets great. PM me if you want some samples.

www.InstantOneMedia.com