• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flatbed cutter

Robert Gruner

I have a customer that needs to cut 4'x8' templates (1/8" to 1/4" plex material) for marking streets and highways.

This is theie ONLY application for the cutter.

Who builds this device? Estimated enduser cost?

Bob Gruner
bob@nusignsupply.com

letterman7

Jigsaw. Or take the job and sub it out to someone with a CNC router in your area. Mark up and call it done.

nikolai

Bob, you could take a look at my companies system, the Versa-Tech. We launched the system at ISA this year but have been involved with the digital cutting industry since it inception. Our team originally brought the zund and kongsberg to market as well as developed the icut system. Which was the first digital cutting vision system in the industry and really was the driver that created the market.

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
Zund L2500

I cut 1/16" LDPE and 1/8" Modified LDPE for street stencils like your saying with the routing system on the Zund. The Zund is going to set you back roughly $200,000, lenses I guess if all they wanted was the routing unit and not all the other fancy stuff that you can get with it. :) I'd recommend subbing it out. I also charge anywhere from $10-20/sq/ft depending on the size. Search for those materials and you'll find someone to do it for you/him.

nikolai

@Grizzly, I was through your shop a few years back with one of my distributer reps, think it was Pitman. I was with Esko at the time. Switched territories shortly after that and left the company six months later. When did you pick up the Zund?