• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flatbed Gradient Issues

RyanFelty

I have been having some problems with printing gradients on our flatbed. Not all just some that is why I am confused. Also, the file prints fine on the solvent printer. I tried all the color management profiles in onyx mainly because I didn't know what to do. We tried different file formats and flattening with no success. Attached is the pic of what I am talking about. I do not think it is the encoder strip because its only a month or 2 old and its not all gradients. Thanks in advance!

clip_image001.jpg

Bly

I'd say it's a profile issue.
Did you make your own? Have you tried any others?

CIE_Sparrow

I have been having some problems with printing gradients on our flatbed. Not all just some that is why I am confused. Also, the file prints fine on the solvent printer. I tried all the color management profiles in onyx mainly because I didn't know what to do. We tried different file formats and flattening with no success. Attached is the pic of what I am talking about. I do not think it is the encoder strip because its only a month or 2 old and its not all gradients. Thanks in advance!

clip_image001.jpg
If I understand you:
Have you tried other profiles and with the same result?
have you tried flattening the data and no result?

Try turning off all profiles and printing without ICC.
Job Editor (first page) -> "Colormanagemen" -> "All ICC profiles OFF"

If an artifact disappears is probably error in ICC or calibration.

Vi

RyanFelty

Thanks for all the input guys. I have not had this issue too often in the past it just seems to be a common occurrence now for some reason. I have been print the same profiles for a few years with this printer and it was written when we had the ink changed out about 4-5? years ago. I did try printing with profiles off, on, tiff with embedded... and so on in the color management area on the first page. Timtoad there is just a gradient in the center object which is supposed to look like a path or road. Could it be that I need to update my onyx? We are currently running Onyx 10.

dlndesign

Take the file into Photoshop and go into filters, select NOISE and take it to 2% , Select Gaussian. Visually you will not see anything, so try printing a small patch to see if it helped. If not kick it up to 4%. I have had similar issues in the past this is how I've solved it.