• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flatbed or "FlatBad" Printers?

player

I thought it might be good to have a list of flatbed printers that are not good machines.

If you know the ones that are bad, please post the brand and reasons here.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Why not just list the good ones and their history ?? If they don't make the list, they evidently don't fit in. Running company's names through the mud is not very nice. :rolleyes:

C

ColoPrinthead

Considering our FB700 is down yet again and it takes about 2 months to get parts I put it in the bad category. Waiting on a New HDD for it now, just spent 4 months waiting for my last two part orders.

LarryB

I've had my FB500 for 2 1/2 years and have been down only once. Still have original heads with 0 dropout across all the heads. Been a great machine.

2B

Every machine has its flaws and "quirks" you can have two identical machines sitting side by side and have different output from each one

a more relevant question is how long does it take to get repairs done and what type of vendor support comes with the machine.
Bottom line as sign makes, a broken machine = zero ability to make money

C

ColoPrinthead

I've had my FB500 for 2 1/2 years and have been down only once. Still have original heads with 0 dropout across all the heads. Been a great machine.
Yeah, give it anther year or two or start running for 7-8 hours a day.

KaranGrewal

Running Fuji Acuity x2 from 3 yrs .. its been good printer and great service by fuji in our area.. only complaint ink don't stick well to dibond and lexan.

ImpactSignCo

We have been running a Roland LEJ-640FT for a couple of months to take some of the pressure off our XR-640, and it has turned into a really nice addition to our shop. There has been very little color correction between the two machines. For our needs, we went with double white cartridges instead of one white and one clear. It's not a speed machine by any means, but after printing with our Eco-Sol printer, then waiting to outgas, then laminating and trimming, what it doesn't have in print speed it makes up for with every other step of the process.

player

Apparently.

Hey I have an idea, let's start a thread just to hear horror stories!

Slow week I guess.

Of course you chime in against me... just like old times... you two negative Nellies tag teaming me.

I just like the term "flatbad".

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like you guys are getting a band together..... guitars, sad songs [must be a country group] and chimes. I can play a mean triangle. When's rehearsal ?? Whose bringing the beer ?? Not me. I guess the bartender can bring a 1/2.

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
Bartender joke is no longer, I sold my interest in the bar.
attachment.php

Attachments

• GINO.gif
    GINO.gif
    19.6 KB · Views: 294

Gino

Premium Subscriber
No interest in the bar business ?? You should be like my neighbor, Joe. He owns the bar/restaurant next door to me. He's lucky. He has me for a neighbor and all I have is him................. :bushmill: 'Drink of Choice'

fastmax

We have been running a Roland LEJ-640FT for a couple of months to take some of the pressure off our XR-640, and it has turned into a really nice addition to our shop. There has been very little color correction between the two machines. For our needs, we went with double white cartridges instead of one white and one clear. It's not a speed machine by any means, but after printing with our Eco-Sol printer, then waiting to outgas, then laminating and trimming, what it doesn't have in print speed it makes up for with every other step of the process.

i have such a mixed relationship with our 640ft, when it prints good its amazing, that said we never use bidirectional anymore, it goes out of sync too fast, and the white needs to sucked out with a syringe after not using for a week. the main thing about ti is if you get your tech to explain the basic fixes we can do them ourselves instead of calling him to suck the clog out of the white line everytime.

basically im fine with the quarks as long as the tech explains what to do to fix it we jsut add that new step to our maintenance schedule for it.

question for you though, recently we are not printing square. if i print an outline for a 4x8 sheet it is an 1/8" skewed. have u ever experienced this? also id be interested to see how you manage your white ink and if u have a similar roland issued syringe to fix it