• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flatbed Projects

rjssigns

For those with flatbed printers. I would like some ideas for classroom projects using a flatbed printer and flatbed cutter. In a nutshell what would make you want to have our students as interns or hire them?

So far I've come up with sandwich printing on glass, POP displays, and packaging. Cabinet doors in the lab and entry doors to the wrap bay are also possibilities. Also looking at second surface backlit displays in the lab. Undecided on running textured prints.

Equipment is getting installed starting Monday. Full whip Mimaki flatbed with white and clear and Mimaki flatbed cutter.

AGCharlotte

Creating jigs for pre-cut pieces and then printing those pre-cut pieces. Backlit displays using white to blockout the backlit light in areas to create "night-time" effects. I do corrugated boxes (precut ones) occasionally too and they can be a PITA.

rjssigns

Creating jigs for pre-cut pieces and then printing those pre-cut pieces. Backlit displays using white to blockout the backlit light in areas to create "night-time" effects. I do corrugated boxes (precut ones) occasionally too and they can be a PITA.

Thank you for the suggestions. Completely new machine to learn. It's going to be an interesting semester.

MGB_LE

For those with flatbed printers. I would like some ideas for classroom projects using a flatbed printer and flatbed cutter. In a nutshell what would make you want to have our students as interns or hire them?

So far I've come up with sandwich printing on glass, POP displays, and packaging. Cabinet doors in the lab and entry doors to the wrap bay are also possibilities. Also looking at second surface backlit displays in the lab. Undecided on running textured prints.

Equipment is getting installed starting Monday. Full whip Mimaki flatbed with white and clear and Mimaki flatbed cutter.
Instructables.com is a good resource. I'm always looking for ways we can make things to sell to clients: door wraps, or printing onto doors. Elevator wraps, stacked 3d models are fun https://www.facebook.com/abcoinc/photos/a.585405848205541/1290631451016307/?type=3 and even furniture like stools and tables from falconboard or other rigid substrates.