• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flatbed UV Printer

Snook

Hello Signs 101,

We will be purchasing a new Flatbed UV printer by the end of 2017. We are approved for an HP FB750 and this is the printer we are preparing to purchase. Our company only makes signs for real estate agents both residential and commercial. This seems like a good fit for what we are doing, but I am not 100% sure how the ink will adhere and if we will still need to laminate. Any suggestions would be helpful and we truly appreciate any feedback. Thank you.

Christian @ 2CT Media

We just bought a FB750 and so far really like it. There are a few things that are misleading based on how the salesmen portray the machine but it's a great machine this far for the price point.

We have tested Coroplast, ACP and Aluminum with good results. Coroplast has the worst adhesion of the 3 but we just ordered some treated smooth coroplast that supposedly has much better adhesion for UV inks.

At this point we are no need for laminate unless you are going for a specific finish.

Snook

Thanks for the response. I should have also stated that we primarily print on ACM and MDO 95% of the time. Also, 95% of what we do is double sided since we focus on real estate. Our primary service is real estate post installation, but our sign manufacturing has grown enough to justify a flatbed. We just received a bulk amount of signs for a client that was made by another sign company. After only 2 weeks of installing the signs, we are starting to notice that the new signs are scratching very easily. I am not sure of the printer they used, but it is on ACM and it is not laminated. The signs we install are constantly going in and out of the trucks for install so they do get moved around quite a bit. I suppose we can start puting chloroplast in between the signs. May I ask what you spent on your flat bed? With the table extensions and roll option and no white ink, we are being quoted at $129,000. Thanks.

Christian @ 2CT Media

We paid $97,000 with white ink and got quote $12,000 for r2r and $4600 for extensions.

I would look for a digital printable ACP panel for better adhesion... Mdo shouldn't be an issue at all.

Brandon708

Our sales in real estate have been taking off this year that can justify a flatbed printer. I was also looking into the FB750 and worried about ink adhesion to ACM and Coroplast. It seems that you need to buy the correct versions of the boards that hold the ink better which are about double the price as a standard sheet of ACM or Coro. The FB 750 was launched in early 2015 and am wondering if HP will be coming out with a newer version. Maybe even a latex flatbed printer early 2018. Not sure on that but I think I can wait to see if that happens since we start slowing down in December / January.

2CT, what are the misleading's you are talking about?