• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fletcher-Terry FSC Cutter Review

Travis82

I am taking a minute to post a review on the Fletcher-Terry FSC Cutter so no one else is misled. So the FSC cuts soft materials great. However, if you are wanting to cut aluminum composite material don't waste your money on the aluminum composite cutting tool and wheels. When using that tool my cuts are typically an 1/8" off. I went round and round trying to fix it. Fletcher-Terry sent me parts and even offered to let me return it and get a full refund. However, I decided to keep it and use it for the soft materials or plexi. You can cut aluminum composite on it with the blade you use for the pvc material and such and get good results. Just keep scoring it until it cuts through or to the point you can snap it and separate it. However, the issue with this method is the aluminum puckers and leaves a sharp edge so I recommend rolling a pipe along the edge to flatten the aluminum out. Best of luck.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Odd...... ours cuts it all and what you're describing sounds more like 'user error'. Cutting 6mm composite aluminum is slow, but it works.

Travis82

Do you have any tips? Do you have the same model? I tried cutting 6mm because I thought I read somewhere where you could and I trashed the cutting wheels and Fletcher-Terry told me you can not cut 6mm only 3mm or 4mm.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Do you have any tips? Do you have the same model? I tried cutting 6mm because I thought I read somewhere where you could and I trashed the cutting wheels and Fletcher-Terry told me you can not cut 6mm only 3mm or 4mm.

Before you start bad-mouthing someone or something, wouldn't it be kinda normal for YOU to specify what model YOU have ??

Post up a picture of yours, if you don't know what you have.

In my review, I'd hafta say Fletcher is a very good tool..... if ya know how to use it.
composite cutting.jpg

Travis82

I have the FSC model and my sticker says the same thing Gino, and that is where I thought it would work but after trashing the wheels Fletcher-Terry said it won't cut material that thick. I have sent them videos of me cutting and they said I am doing it right. They have sent me multiple sets of blades because they did say they had a bad batch but after a year of new blades and replacement parts I still can't get it to cut aluminum composite accurate unless I use the blade for soft material. The tool cuts the aluminum composite it just doesn't cut it straight. If you have any tips on getting it to cut straight I would greatly appreciate it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Perhaps your hold-down bar is bent or warped and not holding properly.

We have a laser at the top, but we rarely use it. We just put a light line where the thing is supposed to start and stop and pre-measure, but that's only once in a while, because many times, the substrates don't come to us square. If you start with something half-cocked, you'll end up more cocking off in the end.

Another thing..... ours is about 10 years old, so maybe the wheels worked better from back then, We still have all the original circular blades.