• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 10.0.2 "Out Of Memory" errors

choucove

Hello everyone. We have a RIP computer with Windows 7 Professional 64-bit running Flexi Pro 10.0.2 used for printing to a Mimaki JV3 that just all of a sudden started coming up with Out Of Memory error messages in Flexi when working in files (not even large files) and doing things like copy and paste. It is also giving this message when trying to output through Production Manager even the simplest jobs. It's never displayed this kind of message until just this week, but suddenly it's happening more and more.

I cleared out all the temporary files from Flexi manually but I don't believe that solved the issue completely. Do you have any ideas or options that I should look into trying?

choucove

SmokinGunz, thank you for the input! I know that an external drive is not going to offer near the hard drive throughput necessary for our RIP system, and it's not really an issue with limited hard drive space for RIP temp files either as the system has a 750GB WD Caviar Black hard drive in it with about 100GB of used space. However, I think one solution may be similar to what you're suggesting, and I can look at putting in a second separate SSD or hard drive just for the RIP temp location. I hadn't thought of that for a solution to test yet, so thank you!

Bobby, this computer is running a Core i5-760 on an ASUS P8P55-Deluxe motherboard with 16 GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Vengeance RAM. The computer has a PNY GeForce GTS 250 graphics card, a primary OS Western Digital Caviar Black 7,200 RPM SATAIII 750 GB hard drive and a second 1.5 TB Seagate 7,200 RPM SATAII hard drive for a backup of their shared storage. This computer is only used for printing to the JV3-130 printer and a separate Mimaki cutter, and this issue only just recently occurred, we haven't made any changes or modifications to the software or system at all. I checked in the event monitor for any event errors, but nothing showed up application or system related at all.

CS-SignSupply

Good setup and nothing sticks out as a potential culpret. If happening just recently and continues to happen, maybe a Windows update issue?

Would still rather you be at 10.5.1