• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 10.5, Windows 7 and a Roland PNC-1000

graywoulf

I am trying to set up my laptop (Windows 7) to run an old Roland PNC-1000 cutter using Flexi PRO 10.5 via an USB to Parallel cable. No luck yet getting the two to communicate. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

graywoulf

No error messages. In the Production Manager setup, I have tried every option available (Com 1-8, LPT 1,2,3 and USB settings) as far as the connection setup goes but my PNC-1000 just does not seem to want to communicate with Flexi. Ther were two settings that made the printer start up but it was just printing jibberish such as... A119.765:pR:pD.0.175.882.0.0.258.167 Etc. By the way, do you have any idea where I could download a copy of the PNC-1000 manual?

Thanks for your help Bobby!

CS-SignSupply

What port was it on when the cutter responded?

As for the gibberish, I believe there is a MODE 1 / MODE 2 option in the command menu on the cutter.

genericname

Do you have a USB or old parallel dongle for Flexi? The Hasp drivers fall short of letting you use the parallel dongle in Win7.

genericname

Ah! Figured as much, though I thought it possible that there'd be some carry-over. Dropped Flexi for Onyx ages ago, so I wasn't aware of the current setup.

graywoulf

WOW! Thanks guys for the much needed help. The only ports that respond are the Roland USB001 port and the USB_PRINTER_0 port. I had not tried "Mode 2" and I am using the USB "SafeNet Sentinel dongle that came with my LXI software I bought back in 2009. I am using FLexiSIGN PRO 10.5 which I acquired via being a beta tester so I was not issued a new dongle. I thought that the HASP drivers were already updated but I have no way to tell. Bobby I tried to call you on your service line but it was busy but I will try again. Thanks again for all of the help.

graywoulf

WOOHOO!!! Success!!

Thanks Bobby!!! You are the man. :U Rock: Switched to "MODE 2" using the "ROLAND USB001" connection setting and it now works. Like I always say..."Endeavor To Persevere". Thanks for everybody's help again!!!!!

frankstrong

Hello Bobby, I recently purchased a Roland PNC900. I am presently running it from windows XP using a parallel cable but was wondering if I could set it up for USB.
I'm using FlexiSIGN-Pro 8.1v1

Jim Doggett

I am trying to set up my laptop (Windows 7) to run an old Roland PNC-1000 cutter using Flexi PRO 10.5 via an USB to Parallel cable. No luck yet getting the two to communicate. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

When using a USB port emulator, the trick is in getting the port state settings properly matched to the cutter's default, since the USB is not really USB, but merely a emulating a Centronics Parallel port. Calling Roland should get you to someone who can tell you the correct settings.