• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 10 and the Gerber Edge

signbeth

After Using Flexi-sign pro 7.6 for years we have upgraded to Flexi 10.5.
Most of my edge 2 printing is in spot colors. Been getting along fine before checking the box that says-print spot colors only in the driver options tab.
Now, even though it shows on screen that I will be printing spot colors only, every time the edge machine tells me to start with the process colors. If someone can give me some advice to print "spot colors only" please advise. Thank you in advance.

Beth Harrell

signbeth

Thanks for the suggestion Mike, but I have narrowed the problem down to the finish coat. When I tried to print without the finish coat, the spot color job printed as expected. I tried to use differant spot colors as the finish coat as a work around, but print still reverted to 4-color process. Put a call in to Flexi. Support folks tried a few things but was unable to have print with only spot colors using a finish coat. They are going to look into further. I acknowledge that can't be too many people out there using Flexi 10 to run a Gerber Edge 1 :) An other suggestions? There are times I will need to put a UV coat on

signgirl

Even though I check spot color only sometimes in the advanced tab it will also include cmyk. I just uncheck them

signbeth

They are unchecked, it is only when colors come up in edge window that is starts out with process yellow.