• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 10 Production Manager Setting

thewood

I set up Flexi 10 on a new pc. When I send a print job with a contour cut to Production Manager and delete the print job, the contour cut job is deleted as well. In all my previous installs, the contour cut jobs would stay in the queue until I manually deleted them, regardless of what happened to the corresponding print job. I have Production Manager set to "hold" contour cut jobs after they are sent, and this is working. But I need to be able to delete a print job and keep the corresponding contour cut file in Production Manager until I manually delete it.

What am I missing? Thanks guys.

pjfmeister

right click on the cut job
select job properties
click paper tab - middle tab
Select After Output "hold"

thewood

right click on the cut job
select job properties
click paper tab - middle tab
Select After Output "hold"

Thanks for the reply, pjfmeister. I have that selected already.

Per my initial post, the cut job is not getting deleted after output. That is working fine.

For instance, if I send a print job with a contour cut and delete the print file the contour cut file is deleted too. I want to be able to send a print/cut job, delete the print portion and have the cut file stay in the queue. That's the way it's been working for the last fifteen years or so. I got a new pc and installed v10 on it. The new install is deleting the cut jobs. I had this same version and license of Flexi installed on a previous pc, and it operated the way I want it to.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
That's odd....I just tried what you described and deleted the print file. Cut file remains. Not sure what other setting is required for this, if you have output set to Hold and the plotter is set to Hold after receiving the file (in "Setup" for the plotter itself) then you should not have this issue.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
make sure the output is set to hold in both for both the printer and the plotter

Even if you send the print file immediately, with the plot file set to hold, it still will remain after deleting the print file, whether it printed or not. I've tried several scenarios. Every time, the plot file remains. But I can not find anywhere else that has another setting.

thewood

It's strange. Through multiple pcs, printers and versions of Flexi I've never experienced this.

I will update you if I figure it out. Thanks for the help guys.