Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flexi 10 won't print!

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by FTG, Aug 17, 2011.

1. FTG

FTG Member

Aug 17, 2011
    South Dakota
    Have been using Flexi 10 since February. Program is awesome if you don't mind the gremlins it seems to have. Crashing, freezing etc. but I digress. My problem is I installed the latest Flexi 10 update from the SAi site and now I can't print! Production Manager starts to Rip and Print, gets to about 55% and gives me a "cannot open pc" error. Tech support at SAi says they have never seen that error message and asked if I was sure it was not saying "cannot open port" instead. It's not. They are lost as to what is happening. Anyone else ever have this issue?:thankyou:

Tags:
  2. CS-SignSupply

CS-SignSupply Very Active Member

Did you install from the patch or a full install to 10.0.3? Never seen this error either.

3. signguy54

signguy54 Not an artist

Dec 8, 2006
    Buffalo, NY
    you're not alone

switched to new computer. got that error a few times...then started getting write port error. but only after it starts printing.

then i upgraded to 10.0.3 from 10.0.2 - same problem.

4. CS-SignSupply

What A/V or firewall is being used?

5. signguy54

signguy54 Not an artist

Dec 8, 2006
    Buffalo, NY

Norton

6. CS-SignSupply

On both PC's? For some reason I am thinking a Port is being monitored or blocked possibly. Can you explain your network setup as well as the list the devices (brand/model/connection type) connected to your PC?