• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

flexi 12 crashing

bsm

Hi,
When I try to import an .ai or .eps flexi 12 cloud version immediately crashes. I have tried saving from illustrator as a legacy file with no luck. I am using windows 10. Any help would be appreciated.

The last update caused a few wonky issues for me. Not that one in particular though. I uninstalled and put the previous version back on. Im also on W 10.

Hit up tech support and they'll send you the link to the previous version.

bsm

yeah I have been trying to contact their tech support with no luck, I think they must live in the cloud as well.

Chad

Roast

yeah I have been trying to contact their tech support with no luck, I think they must live in the cloud as well.

Have had their cloud version for over three months, until I had it they were easy to contact now with crashes when saving, all open files close, they are non responsive either by email or phone messages. Find it hard to believe they are busy helping customers. Don't respond to anything, not even to support tickets.

Vinyldog

F12 Crashing

Same trouble here. I like twelve better, but it shut's down about half the time I try to use it.
Fortunately I kept the older version and just us it on files that 12 has the problem with. Seems like mainly PDF's.
I don't bother with tech-support anymore.

IsItFasst

I agree with others: support is a joke now. They may tell you how to "fix" it but if that doesn't work they stop responding. I was told v11 wasn't compatible with Windows 10 but it has been working fine since I upgraded to it last year. But due to a computer crashing I was switching around some Flexi licenses on two computers. Was told I really should put v12 on the Windows 10 computer since it was compatible with it. Every since the upgrade the software crashes constantly throughout the day. I'd say I lose at least an hour a day restarting the software or redrawing/setting up layouts because the software is crashing constantly. No response since I told them their fix wasn't working (it actually caused me to not be able to print AT ALL!)

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Not much has changed over the years. I still get random crashes, on 12 as well. I just have become accustomed to hitting Ctrl-S about every 2 minutes. Most crashes I experience, still, are during node editing.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Luckily it only crashes when you have it open and are trying to use it.....
I got upgraded to the v12 cloudy version with the purchase of a new printer.
It is much more unstable than the 8.6 I still use for the older printer.
I was not overly impressed with 8 but it worked well enough to make money, 12 seems like a step backward.

wayne k
guam usa

IsItFasst

That's how I feel. Older versions wouldn't crash for days (if ever). Then v11 would crash about every day or two but normally it wasn't enough to be too concerned (just got used to restarting the software daily). But with v12 if I am designing with it a lot it will crash 10+ times in a day. I can usually get about 10-20 minutes of design time before it simply shuts down. The odd thing is it doesn't consistently shut down a certain way or from doing certain things. It usually does it when I go to save a new file but sometimes it shuts down when I go to print. Other times just randomly or it completely freezes up where the task manager is the only way to close it. Only about a quarter of the time it gives an error and usually those aren't consistent with each other either.

I was told to do a complete uninstall (delete everything manually too) and then do a clean reinstall. That made it where it wouldn't print at all as I couldn't get my icc profiles to load after the new installation.

Vinyldog

I only use the basic version for RIP to the HP, not for design purposes, but when it ask me if I want to update my older version? Hell to the NO. Not changing anything as long as it's working.

I'm running SP1 build number 2253 of V12 on windows 10 without any issues. I still get the random crash when zoomed in node editing sometimes, but that's been a Flexi issue for years now.

I haven't done either of the last 2 updates for fear of crashing again. Try getting this older version installed and see how it works for you.

TomK

I too am on 2324 which I assume is the latest available. But it seems to crash more than ever each day.

Agree. My wife was using it on her computer doing design work, and she tracked the # of crashes over a 7 hour period - it was 15 crashes. All design, no printing. Needless to say we are looking at other tools for design work, she's scared of the learning curve with Illustrator, so she deals with the crashes, for now.

IsItFasst

Yup, mine almost always crashes on design. On very rare occasions it will crash when I go to print but that is something I can deal with.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Agree. My wife was using it on her computer doing design work, and she tracked the # of crashes over a 7 hour period - it was 15 crashes. All design, no printing. Needless to say we are looking at other tools for design work, she's scared of the learning curve with Illustrator, so she deals with the crashes, for now.
You need to encourage her in her quest for better design software.
Once she has that "AHA" moment with Illustrator or CorelDraw she will never look back on Flexi again - unless you want to plot or print your designs laid out in other apps.

wayne k
guam usa

Vinyldog

There is an Upgrade button in the menu of the RIP program I use, and I selected it which began the update. But unfortunately the good times didn't last long. It started "not responding" again yesterday. It seemed like it was doing fine printing jpeg but when I tried to print a PDF it locked up and has been doing so since.

Melissa Musick

Does anyone have the file that they can email me to downgrade to sp 2 [HASHTAG]#2324[/HASHTAG]. At least I knew how to work with the errors in that one. My link is broken on my computer to re-install it.
Sp 3 sucks big time.