• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help flexi 12 to gerber edge2 splices 10" decal

Can anyone help me. I have created a 10" x13" decal on Flexi 12, however when sending to gerberedge 2, the decal is spliced. In need of suggestions

It is giving a data error 14 now. She says she did the rotation and there are no panels. Now, the properties is stuck and she can't make any changes.

spooledUP7

Paneled.jpg NotRotate.jpg EdgeCutting_Selectiong.jpg EdgeCutting.jpg EdgeTile.jpg EdgeRotation.jpg
It is giving a data error 14 now. She says she did the rotation and there are no panels. Now, the properties is stuck and she can't make any changes.

The error code I am not familiar with, but I would suggest power cycling the printer and relaunching the production manager. If all else fails, remove the setup for the Gerber from the Production Manager and then add it back in - Just be sure to note your port settings before doing so.

As for the tiling you are having, like others have said, it can be caused by the job being sent in the wrong rotation, but it can also be caused by marks, the cut rotation setting, and a scale setting quirk . The printer is limited to 11.8" by however long you want to go and you must fit everything within this 11.8" restriction, including your marks.

Here is what I would do to resolve this paneling issue.

1. Check print rotation.
When sending a job, both the Rip and Print and Production Manager use a human shaped icon button to illustrate job rotation. It's located at the very bottom of the Rip and Print and Production Manager Job Properties. When you click the icon so the human is lying on it's side rather than standing up and so long as your art does not exceed the 11.8" you should see no tiles. Even if you don't see any tiles in the preview you should always click on Panels tab and make sure you only have one panel/tile. It should display the number of tiles next to "Total Tiles:". If it says 1 then you are good to go, but if it says 2 then you need to check an make sure you have the correct media size selected, art is 11.8" or smaller and scale is 100% or less.​

2. Check you marks.
You didn't mention if you had any contour cuts, or what plotter you have in your setup, but if you are using contour cuts then you need to make sure you have the correct marks for your plotter. Most people use the Gerber Envision series plotters with their Gerber but you may have a different plotter such as a flatbed. I recommend using the Gerber Edge Center mark for the the Envision, and Four Point for a flatbed. If you have a plotter which uses a photo sensor registration reader and you are using the marks for this type of sensor then you may have a narrower printable area than 11.8" due to the marks eating up a portion of the available real estate on the Y axis, thus making more tiles. For instance the Graptec Type 1 Mark will cause you to lose 2-8% of your printable area depending on your mark sizes, while both the Gerber Edge Center and Four Point marks will give you 100% because they are tucked in on the Y axis.
In addition, if you are not using contour cuts then be sure you are not using Marks. The settings for marks is located Production Manager/Gerber/Default Job Properties/Labels and Marks tab. Print Labels and Print Marks should not be enabled.​

3. Watch for Rotate Cut Job.
If you are using a plotter and you have contour cuts present then make sure the "Rotate Cut Job" setting located on the cutter tab isn't clicked. This will cause tiles​

4. Wackiness in scaling, Resetting scale 100% to 10% to 100%

Flexi is easily confused about what 100% scale really means, and there is a wacky quirk relating to this. Sometimes, no matter what you do, or how correct the settings are you may still get unexplained tiles (In all honesty I have no clue why the following tip works but it does). After every setting change you do always go back to the General Tab within the PM or the RnP and manually set the scale to lower than 100% and then back up to 100%. I typically use 10% for the lower setting, because it's easier to delete and add a zero than retyping everything. Note, you must either hit the Tab key or click on another setting field to enable the new scale setting. For whatever reason the seems to reset the tile factoring, and like magic you will once again get single tile print.​

5. Rouge art.
If you are still getting tiling then perhaps you have more than the intended object selected to print. Be sure to only select the single object you want to print before sending it to the rip. If you are simply clicking the Rip and Print button without anything selected then the entire pasteboard will be selected to print by default. So, first select your printing object in Flexi and check your total object size for 11.8" compliance. If both X and Y axis are greater than 11.8" (or greater than the your selected Mark style preferences) then you have found your problem. Correct the size issue and try printing again. It could be something as small as a single point outside of the 11.8" printable area. I have even seen a strokes butting the outer limits of the printable area cause phantom height violations despite the Design Central reporting 11.8". If you are using any strokes and they are near the limits of the printable area then I suggest trying to nudge the object inward slightly and then try printing again.​

I hope you were able to get this going, but if not, I hope you find this post valuable.

Last edited:
View attachment 133403 View attachment 133404 View attachment 133405 View attachment 133406 View attachment 133407 View attachment 133408

The error code I am not familiar with, but I would suggest power cycling the printer and relaunching the production manager. If all else fails, remove the setup for the Gerber from the Production Manager and then add it back in - Just be sure to note your port settings before doing so.

As for the tiling you are having, like others have said, it can be caused by the job being sent in the wrong rotation, but it can also be caused by marks, the cut rotation setting, and a scale setting quirk . The printer is limited to 11.8" by however long you want to go and you must fit everything within this 11.8" restriction, including your marks.

Here is what I would do to resolve this paneling issue.

1. Check print rotation.
When sending a job, both the Rip and Print and Production Manager use a human shaped icon button to illustrate job rotation. It's located at the very bottom of the Rip and Print and Production Manager Job Properties. When you click the icon so the human is lying on it's side rather than standing up and so long as your art does not exceed the 11.8" you should see no tiles. Even if you don't see any tiles in the preview you should always click on Panels tab and make sure you only have one panel/tile. It should display the number of tiles next to "Total Tiles:". If it says 1 then you are good to go, but if it says 2 then you need to check an make sure you have the correct media size selected, art is 11.8" or smaller and scale is 100% or less.​

2. Check you marks.
You didn't mention if you had any contour cuts, or what plotter you have in your setup, but if you are using contour cuts then you need to make sure you have the correct marks for your plotter. Most people use the Gerber Envision series plotters with their Gerber but you may have a different plotter such as a flatbed. I recommend using the Gerber Edge Center mark for the the Envision, and Four Point for a flatbed. If you have a plotter which uses a photo sensor registration reader and you are using the marks for this type of sensor then you may have a narrower printable area than 11.8" due to the marks eating up a portion of the available real estate on the Y axis, thus making more tiles. For instance the Graptec Type 1 Mark will cause you to lose 2-8% of your printable area depending on your mark sizes, while both the Gerber Edge Center and Four Point marks will give you 100% because they are tucked in on the Y axis.
In addition, if you are not using contour cuts then be sure you are not using Marks. The settings for marks is located Production Manager/Gerber/Default Job Properties/Labels and Marks tab. Print Labels and Print Marks should not be enabled.​

3. Watch for Rotate Cut Job.
If you are using a plotter and you have contour cuts present then make sure the "Rotate Cut Job" setting located on the cutter tab isn't clicked. This will cause tiles​

4. Wackiness in scaling, Resetting scale 100% to 10% to 100%

Flexi is easily confused about what 100% scale really means, and there is a wacky quirk relating to this. Sometimes, no matter what you do, or how correct the settings are you may still get unexplained tiles (In all honesty I have no clue why the following tip works but it does). After every setting change you do always go back to the General Tab within the PM or the RnP and manually set the scale to lower than 100% and then back up to 100%. I typically use 10% for the lower setting, because it's easier to delete and add a zero than retyping everything. Note, you must either hit the Tab key or click on another setting field to enable the new scale setting. For whatever reason the seems to reset the tile factoring, and like magic you will once again get single tile print.​

5. Rouge art.
If you are still getting tiling then perhaps you have more than the intended object selected to print. Be sure to only select the single object you want to print before sending it to the rip. If you are simply clicking the Rip and Print button without anything selected then the entire pasteboard will be selected to print by default. So, first select your printing object in Flexi and check your total object size for 11.8" compliance. If both X and Y axis are greater than 11.8" (or greater than the your selected Mark style preferences) then you have found your problem. Correct the size issue and try printing again. It could be something as small as a single point outside of the 11.8" printable area. I have even seen a strokes butting the outer limits of the printable area cause phantom height violations despite the Design Central reporting 11.8". If you are using any strokes and they are near the limits of the printable area then I suggest trying to nudge the object inward slightly and then try printing again.​

I hope you were able to get this going, but if not, I hope you find this post valuable.

Thank you very much comprehensive reply. My wife found a way to reduce the size of the corner marks thus moving them closer to the design. That brought it under the 11.8 inches and we could print the 10 inch design. The problem was the corner marks. The problem is that her graphtec cutter has at times has a hard time reading the corner marks. Maybe an envision would work better. Again, thanks.

spooledUP7

Thank you very much comprehensive reply. My wife found a way to reduce the size of the corner marks thus moving them closer to the design. That brought it under the 11.8 inches and we could print the 10 inch design. The problem was the corner marks. The problem is that her graphtec cutter has at times has a hard time reading the corner marks. Maybe an envision would work better. Again, thanks.

I bet she has little issues with single color jobs. The problem with Gerber printers is their inherent tendencies to misregister prints with each pass. If you are printing a registration mark for every color then you will end up with an unevenly, non-uniformed printed registration mark on the X axis. The plotter's photo eye will take issue with mark(s) if the registration mark is causing the sensor to send data back that is outside the defined limits of the plotter optical registration settings. The good news is this can be circumvented.
  1. Use only one foil color for a job's Marks
    • Setting are located on the label marks tab
  2. Change the plotter settings to be more tolerant of mark resolution
    • See plotter user manual or explore the plotter's settings until you find Mark controls
  3. Patch in a clean mark when the marks are double vision looking.
    • Print a black set of marks and the cut them free from the sheet. Cut them so they are exactly to the outer most legs of the mark so that you can easily align them to the bad marks.