• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

flexi 19 cloud and fb500 print spooling

Stour

Hi There. I am running flexi 19 cloud and have a hp fb500 printer. Production manager takes for ever to spool the print job to thefb500. it rips the job in minutes but when it moves to print, it will take a 4 foot by 4 foot sign over 30min or so to spool the print job to the fb500.
I have tested all my connection and ports and everything seems fine. I actually had a tech send the same job through onyx and took seconds to spool the job.
I also run a roland solvent jet and a gerber through production manager and all seem to work fine with them.
any help would be great.

bannertime

Very odd. The first thing I'd suggest is double checking all the cables and whatnot, but seems you already did that.

Is the printer connected via IP? Or is it going through some type of driver?

Stour

Very odd. The first thing I'd suggest is double checking all the cables and whatnot, but seems you already did that.

Is the printer connected via IP? Or is it going through some type of driver?

It is going though an IP address. I have ping'ed the ip address and response times are 1ms with 0% loss. i do notice with my roland which is through an ip address as well. When it prints, the job gets spooled to a print driver that shows up down beside my clock where as the fb500 doesn't.

bannertime

Okay that makes a bit more sense. If he used the same cable, then it'd be a major head scratcher.

How many switches or routers between your printer and computer.

Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Take a look where the Ethernet cable connects to the printer. There should be a little LED light lit up near it. If it is orange, one of your network components is using an older tech which is slower. If it is green then it should be nice and fast. That's the first thing that came to me when I read your post.

Stour

I do see that there are 2 Ethernet ports on the printer, wondering if I should try the other port?

bannertime

Well, I'd venture to guess that there is something "managing" the data. Whether that's your computer's network card or the tplink.

Skye

What is your file type and file size? We have the same setup and works fine
Quality is not as good as onyx
Did you get good profiles?