• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 19 color mapping issues

Kustom X

I am new to Flexi 19 and have started to try the color mapping feature. I’m using a Roland LEJ 640FT and its fairly easy to print the swatches on Sintra and match PMS color with a Color Muse. I get with in .5 - 1 dE. I save this all as a preset. But then when I try to print a file with the color it’s completely off, not even close. I double checked that the color mapping box is marked and it is. I don’t know why the color would be off. Any help would be appreciated. I will post some images of the color difference tomorrow when I get back to work. Thanks in advance

bannertime

Do your settings stick around? The last few times I've done this, my settings have disappeared. Flexi tech support said they've not heard of this issue.

Kustom X

Hi Bannertime,
Something sticks around. When I print just using the stock PMS colors without mapping they are around 4.5 - 7 dE away from the actual color. I repeat the swatch process until I get within 1 dE which is about 3-4 times. Then when I print the actual file with the PMS colors, the colors are off 12 dE’s or more. The PMS colors I am trying to match are 452C and 7527C.

bannertime

Check and see if you have an update for Flexi 19. When I talked to support, they said some people haven't updated yet.

Kustom X

Holy crap I completely forgot about this thread. I have been so busy with jobs that didn't need color correction or have used our other printer with is dedicated RIP software. So back at it with color mapping. Still having troubles. don't know what to do and SAi is not be very helpful and there are not a lot of good vids on this. I attached a couple of recent photos I took of trying to match a laminate color. I get under 1 dE but then when I print a swatch of the same color its completely off. SAi says that the spot color needs to be named exactly what the mapping color is and they are and I am still getting this type of result.

Attachments

• IMG_1829.jpg
    IMG_1829.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 234
  • IMG_1830.jpg
    IMG_1830.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 171

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I would agree with SAI....the color name HAS to be the exact same as what you designate in the file. If the file color is "PANTONE 547 C" then the color mapping you create must be the exact same. If you create it as PANTONE 547C" it will not work. Or Simply as "547 C". It doesn't care what the color is, just the name itself. I have had good luck using the color mapping. If I see the color in question is off, that means all colors are off and it's usually something else causing it.

And note... I am still using Flexi 12. I have seen so many reports of color issues with 19 I have not bothered to upgrade.

gabagoo

I would agree with SAI....the color name HAS to be the exact same as what you designate in the file. If the file color is "PANTONE 547 C" then the color mapping you create must be the exact same. If you create it as PANTONE 547C" it will not work. Or Simply as "547 C". It doesn't care what the color is, just the name itself. I have had good luck using the color mapping. If I see the color in question is off, that means all colors are off and it's usually something else causing it.

And note... I am still using Flexi 12. I have seen so many reports of color issues with 19 I have not bothered to upgrade.
Do you mean the eps file you create for the mapping has to have the identical name? and if so I assume that also means that once you make the eps file and use it, you can't simply delete the eps later?

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Do you mean the eps file you create for the mapping has to have the identical name? and if so I assume that also means that once you make the eps file and use it, you can't simply delete the eps later?
Yes the EPS file you create. And you can delete afterwards, sure. Once you save the color in the mapping process it never looks for that file, it only produces that color based on what you set it to output.

karst41

My color issues with FS 19 actually started at FS12. There are certain colors that I simply can not hit.
Greens are the worst due to Yellow. FS 12 is where this started.

My previous printer was an HP Latex 26500 and I could hit any color. Stochastic Diffusion was the default setting.
When I upgraded from FS10 to 12. that is when the problem surfaced.
The people at SAI tech support pretty much dis you off.

I have bought a latex 560 and using FS19 is no better except the 560 is a big pos.
and according to SAI, Stochastic Diffusion is not useable with the 560.

I dropped back down to FS 12 and SAI installed a driver for the 560, but same problem.

Next week I will try to get SAI to give me a 560 driver to plug into FS 10 (doubt this will happen)

Even running the 560 at 120% I simply do not get the saturation on the Yellow.
The Yellow PH is good., I might replace it anyway.

bannertime

My color issues with FS 19 actually started at FS12. There are certain colors that I simply can not hit.
Greens are the worst due to Yellow. FS 12 is where this started.

My previous printer was an HP Latex 26500 and I could hit any color. Stochastic Diffusion was the default setting.
When I upgraded from FS10 to 12. that is when the problem surfaced.
The people at SAI tech support pretty much dis you off.

I have bought a latex 560 and using FS19 is no better except the 560 is a big pos.
and according to SAI, Stochastic Diffusion is not useable with the 560.

I dropped back down to FS 12 and SAI installed a driver for the 560, but same problem.

Next week I will try to get SAI to give me a 560 driver to plug into FS 10 (doubt this will happen)

Even running the 560 at 120% I simply do not get the saturation on the Yellow.
The Yellow PH is good., I might replace it anyway.

Diffusion is not available on the "next-gen" latex machines from what I'm told. 300/500 series. That's at least true for the 300 series.
You seem pretty versed in the tools, but are you running it with color correction on? If we run 100% yellow with color correction, it tends to add a bunch of cyan and drop the yellow. Might be worth looking into.