• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Flexi 19 printing sizes incorrectly

Tyler322

Has anyone ever had a problem with sizes being off in Flexi 19? It seems to just do it randomly, I'll print say 20-30 meters fine then it will start printing jobs over size, then I have to restart the program or computer to be safe. It only seems to be in the vertical direction. I've never had this happen with ergosoft. Why is this program so buggy?

Printer is the HP570

FrankW

Regularly, that is not a problem of the software, but of the printer. Latex Printers are well-known :( for having problems with dimensional accuracy (also from job to job or tile to tile). I have done 7 years support of latex printers, and that was a main problem.

You can set the take-up-roller of the Latex 500 to more or less tension in the media menu. Could help a little bit, but not much.

Tyler322

Regularly, that is not a problem of the software, but of the printer. Latex Printers are well-known :( for having problems with dimensional accuracy (also from job to job or tile to tile). I have done 7 years support of latex printers, and that was a main problem.

You can set the take-up-roller of the Latex 500 to more or less tension in the media menu. Could help a little bit, but not much.
I don't think it's the printer, as the size is way off what I set, sometimes by more than an inch or two for big posters. Could that be the printer? It's only 2 months old.

FrankW

It is not a problem of the age of the printer, it is a problem of design. We had sometimes 1 - 1,5cm per Meter (more than half an inch), but not even ... printing 5 tiles, any of the tiles has a different length.

As mentioned before, you could try to reduce the deviation by using the tension settings for the take up. But you will not avoid it.

FrankW

You can give an other software a try: Onyx ( onyxgfx.com ) offers free, fully functional demo versions for download which work for 15 or 30 days.

But I would beg that this will not solve the problem.

Joe House

You can also turn off the OMAS and run the feed calibration manually. The OMAS can vary the feed distance throughout a print job. If you disable it and set it manually, you will have constant feed between print passes.

Tyler322

Just wanted to follow up with the fix. In the end it was the OMAS I'm printing on satin polypropylene so was confused why the OMAS had so much trouble with it. Not sure if it's a fault with the printer or not?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Just wanted to follow up with the fix. In the end it was the OMAS I'm printing on satin polypropylene so was confused why the OMAS had so much trouble with it. Not sure if it's a fault with the printer or not?
I'm not sure if you know how it works. It's taking pictures from the backing of the material and comparing the pictures on each movement to compensate for any small movements. If the material has very smooth back it may not be able to read it correctly. Sometimes if you have a vinyl with some text on the backing that can also mess up the OMAS.

This one I'm not 100% sure about but I think on the small latex's as well, OMAS should turn off own it's own in case it can't read the material. During the loading process.

Last edited: