• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 19 Vs Flexi 12

Herrington25

I have a subsciption to flexi and we are currently on the "old" version. Updated to 19 when it first came out but had some troubles and was advised by the tech support at Flexi to revert back to the previous version. Its been out for a while now so I am curious what everyones opinion is thats using 19. Is it better then 12? Im assuming its faster when dealing with large files due to it being 64 bit?

Thanks for your input!

Attila Nagy

I would still use 7.6 If it would run on 64 bit system. It is not abut the speed. Never felt if it was slow.

IsItFasst

I didn't really want to upgrade due to the horror stories but was kinda forced to upgrade to the latest version which I have been using for about 9 months now. My only two consistent problems I deal with are:
  1. Gradient patterns don't always seem to scale correctly with the object (even if you have the check box checked so they do). So occasionally you will make your design larger or smaller and where the gradient was will be blank or only partially shown because the position markers get moved away from the design. There are workarounds but still annoying.
  2. I have problems weekly when trying to add a circular contour cut within the bleed edge. It will for some reason make a weird loop within the circle which causes all kinds of issues (pretty sure I posted about this on here). Flexi support says they can't replicate it when I send them the files so state I just need to update my software. I do, but the problem still persists. Copying the art into a new file without the cut line and saving with a cut line seems to fix the issue. Once again, annoying but can deal with it.

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
19 is working great for us.
Alot of extra features, just have to play around a little then it becomes natural just like all other programs.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
I have a subsciption to flexi and we are currently on the "old" version. Updated to 19 when it first came out but had some troubles and was advised by the tech support at Flexi to revert back to the previous version. Its been out for a while now so I am curious what everyones opinion is thats using 19. Is it better then 12? Im assuming its faster when dealing with large files due to it being 64 bit?

Thanks for your input!
I had Flexi 12 and then got a new computer and had to upgrade to flexi 19. I had some issues with it at first. They had some problems with it and worked the bugs out. I have not had any issues with it since summer of 2019.
For a while there I was calling so much I knew all of the tech support people. Now, I don't call at all.

IsItFasst

I have found that all you have to do to correct this after you move it is to right click, then click select within, then click on the layer with the gradient. Bam.....It jumps back. Crazy!
Just ran across a file with a gradient in it that was giving me issues but that trick didn't work for me. :(

Drouin22

Thanks for your input!
The same thing happened to me. The Flexi 19 update messed up my spot colors I use on a daily basis. The tech also advised me to revert back to the previous version, 12. Curious, what printer are you using? The tech explained to me it was a mistake on their end. When they wrote the update, they were still referring to the Color Painter M-64s as a Seiko printer when it had in fact been bought out by OKI. The update was not supposed to have been sent out to OKI users at that time. Flexi said they were going to get the kinks worked out and get me the correct Flexi 19 update. That was about 2 or 3 years ago and I still haven't received an update. I have not called Flexi to check on it either. It was such a nightmare last time that I hadn't wanted to deal with the headache. My production was shut down for a couple days while they tried to figure it out last time. And now Mimaki has bought out OKI so who knows if that will play a roll again.

IsItFasst

They fix one thing to break another. I emailed SAi about these issues and of coarse they don't respond. The only response they ever have for me is: "We can't replicate the issue. You aren't using the latest build. Do an update and that will fix the issue". Of coarse it never does.