• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 8 question

DizzyMarkus

Howdy all,
I have been searching and trying to find out if, and if so (lol) I can do this in flexi.

I would like text to auto fill a container -- EX:

If a had a weird shape and wanted the text to fill and contain that shape. Sorry if it sounds confusing -- heres a real life example also:

The local fish stand has a fish and their name fills the fish. The developer at one time told me he filled a container then swapped a few nodes. No I am not wanting to duplicate their logo -- but I like the what seems like a simple idea :0)

thanks for any help given,
Markus

Attachments

• header.jpg
    header.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 71

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
There is an actual 'fish' shape in the Distort tools. Just play with the nodes a little and you should come close.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Unfortunately Flexi gives you a passel of canned distortions, most of which provide choreographed and hence limited manipulation. There's a couple of them that do allow manipulating a node independent of any other node, via holding Ctl or Shift, but, for most of the canned distortions, that is not the case.

The one thing that none of the provided distortions allows is adding or removing nodes coupled with manipulating any node independent of any other node. If they would provide the equivalent of the 'Putty' envelope that Corel provides, then you could easily shape a distortion envelope however you desired. Be it a fish, a clam, or a rectal suppository.

You can manage to do these same things in Flexi but it's not particularly easy or straightforward.

DizzyMarkus

EAHICKS -- sorry its not the fish hehe -- it was an example-- thank you

Bob thanks for the detailed answer-- it was something that popped intomyhead and wanted to see if it was capable without editing nodes all day :0)

thank you ,
Markus

saihelp

Filling with a custom pattern

If you are trying to fill a object or text i.e.FISH with a fish pattern you can design an image or graphic (the fish pattern) . Then select it. Once selected, you then go down to the color swatch and RIGHT click choose "define pattern " . It will place the pattern in your color swatch and then you can use it to fill your object or text. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-06-19 at 1.25.12 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-06-19 at 1.25.12 PM.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 52

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I don't think that is anything close to what he was talking about.