• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question flexi and corel

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
I have a question that has me stumped. I created artwork in corel. Green lettering and then I placed a black outline around the lettering. I exported as a PDF and then put it into flexi to print. I could see the outline in flexi, but when it printed, the outline was not printing. Any ideas on what happened? I exported it as a jpeg and it saw the outline.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Attachments

• 20210304_120235.jpg
    20210304_120235.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 124
  • 20210304_120254.jpg
    20210304_120254.jpg
    485.2 KB · Views: 109

jwlllpl

Convert your outline to object in Corel before exporting as PDF. Flexi may not be seeing the thickness of outline when imported or ripping.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
Convert your outline to object in Corel before exporting as PDF. Flexi may not be seeing the thickness of outline when imported or ripping.
ah ok! I knew it was something simple. I could not for the life of me figure out what I was missing.
Thank you!!!

myront

CorelDRAW is best
You're exporting and then using Flexi to print? I hope you mean exporting directly to Flexi Production Manager for print. No need to open in Flexi and send to print.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
You're exporting and then using Flexi to print? I hope you mean exporting directly to Flexi Production Manager for print. No need to open in Flexi and send to print.
hmmmm. So, we have 3 different computers at the shop with different staff on them. We place items onto a cloud. When I am running a print run, I place items on a Flexi pallet and then rip and print from there.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
hmmmm. So, we have 3 different computers at the shop with different staff on them. We place items onto a cloud. When I am running a print run, I place items on a Flexi pallet and then rip and print from there.

Yep, pretty much how we roll but no cloud. Just drop prints right into the Flexi "Hot Folder" and our Print Tech handles it from there.

Never a problem with outlines & pdf

Last edited: