• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi and PhotoPrint RIP

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Both are made by SAi....

Essentially the same rip and profiles should be compatible with each as far as I'm aware. I think they have done away with the "Photoprint" specific version and now just offer Flexi and Pixel Blaster. I think Photoprint was really more geared towards print only while Flexi had more features for design and running cutters in addition to print.

John Thomson

This will be a cut down version of Photoprint that only has drivers for the suppliers printer.

You can take these drivers and drop them into Flexisign.

This is what I have done with my Chinese printer..

Joh

deand_sai

Merchant Member
I'm looking at getting a new printer and the machine comes with PhotoPrint RIP. After googling it looks exactly like Flexi. Is Flexi made by http://www.taimes.net/p/photoprint-rip-software.html
?

Anyway are the profiles interchangeable? I wouldn't mind having only one RIP to drive my other printer in addition to this.

PhotoPPRINT and FlexiSIGN are the same thing, just different names and features. The drivers and profiles are interchangeable if the version is the same. But if you have a Version 10.5 driver in PhotoPRINT it wont work in FlexiSIGN Version 11. So make sure the versions match.

gabagoo

I have used photoprint for 7 years with my Mimaki and it is simply print or print and cut, but not cut only, which is fine as I run Signlab for everything else. If I ever upgrade printers the fear is that switching from photoprint makes all those thousands of files pretty much useless I suppose....I am a prisoner!!!:banghead: