• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Cloud, Mimaki CG 160 FX

1robbie

I just upgraded to the 60" cutter from Mimaki. I print with the JV 33. No problems before. This time Flexi does not always error 36 mark detect if i send a file to the cutter that is the wrong size. It will just go ahead and cut the file but not correctly. Before on the 54" cutter it would mark detect if you sent something and it wasn't exact.

Example I send something to the cutter that should be 5.4 x 3 and what i send is 5.7 x 3.2 and it wont error out.

What setting got changed? of course it's not mimaki, it's flexi and it's not flexi, its mimaki.

C5 Service&Repair

but it does not adjust your art to the new size? Or you are printing something 5.4 x 3, then resizing it bigger and sending that?
Flexi doesnt create the error 36. Thats a Mimaki code for crop mark error, not found.

1robbie

i print in Rasterlink, as their colors are much better. In flexi I add the crop marks, send the file to rasterlink to print. I then remove the crop marks and send the file through flexi production manager to the cutter as a cut only file. However I have forgotten to remove the crop marks sometimes and send the file through PM. This makes the drawing the wrong size, but PM/plotter is not recognizing it is the wrong size and then cuts it wrong. It should mark detect that the size is different than the size it detects with the eye. It used to on the the 54" cutter, but it won't on the 60" cutter.