• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Flexi Cloud to Edge2 Parallel to USB Connection Issue

Dennis Martin

I need some help with setting up Flexi's Production Manager to output to a Gerber Edge 2. My PC that handles job throughput recently crashed and I am resetting up connections on a new computer. The new PC doesn't have availability for standard Parallel port connection. So I am running it with a USB to Parallel adapter. This works fine for output out of Gerber Omega design software because Gerber has a USB to Parallel driver. However, I can't get any connection from Flexi to the Gerber Edge 2. Does anyone have experience or advice for outputting from Flexi Cloud 11 sp6 to a Gerber Edge 2? (PC is running latest version of Win10 32bit)

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Try setting up the port in Flexi as one of the COM ports. If there are multiple COM ports try each until it works. I know it doesn't sound right but it often works for me on older machines with this type of setup. Also, if you see a port called, "USB_Printer_0" and no other device is hooked up to the computer, that port should be the proper one.

Dennis Martin

Try setting up the port in Flexi as one of the COM ports. If there are multiple COM ports try each until it works. I know it doesn't sound right but it often works for me on older machines with this type of setup. Also, if you see a port called, "USB_Printer_0" and no other device is hooked up to the computer, that port should be the proper one.
Their are no COM ports showing as a port option even though there are COM ports shown in Device Manager. I have tried all the USB port options but none of those worked either.