• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi drives me nuts with this

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Anyone else have this issue?
When I print multiple copies of a decal, and let's say I need 100....so I set it up in Production Manager, and they fit in 10 rows of 10, perfectly square on the sheet. Once it prints, it will change and do like 9 across, which make it 12 rows, with 1 all by itself in an 12th row. I polled the material width, which I do every time, before printing, so it isn't that. What is going on? I have this happen all the time, and it drives me crazy. Sometimes I will print a few extra of whatever I am printing just to fill it up and make my rows and columns even, but then once it prints, I end up with a top row of just a couple, and the number across has decreased.
And if I look at the file after it is printed, it still looks like what I intended it to print like.

Snydo

It's been that way since 7.1 at least. In your scenario I would set up a row of 10 using Step and Repeat in Flexi and then print/plot 10 copies in PM, works 100% of the time.

jayhawksigns

One of those lovely times that Flexi thinks it knows more then you do. Normally for me though it would of put 11 in the row instead of ten. Snydo's suggestion is what I do when I see or expect a problem to occur.

bannertime

I've had that happen with some large graphics. It starts printing it in one row instead of two. It hasn't happened since I've started printing contour cut and decal files directly from Flexi. If I'm worried it might happen, I do what Snydo said. Just step and repeat it, add your own contour cut lines and marks, and then send it.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Yep,
my cloudy version has done this to me more than a few times. I've noticed that most times the initial run prints as expected and then when I go back to run another set (after an open & close of the PM) it will do that random shuffle just to make my life more interesting.
The way they set up the layout of the latest production manager is beyond understanding to me.
Flexi has the fit and finish of something put together with generic duct tape that is past it's expiration date.

0igo

what flexi do you have? i had flexi 10 and that updated to 12. and i hate 12 so much. the program freezes, crashes, & pretty much drives me nuts all the time. Exact thing happens to me and even worse when i try contour cutting. Wish they would have left it at 10.

eahicks

We're on 12 here. And this doesn't happen every time. Sometimes it's perfect. But 8/10 times, when I PURPOSELY set it to be even rows/columns, this will happen. When you try to eliminate even the smallest amount of wasted material, it's very frustrating.

OH and not to mention, we typically give the customer these decals in strips....kinda dumb when we have to give them 11 long strips and then TWO on a small strip.

bannertime

I sent 5 nested banners, 2ft x 3ft. It actually skipped a banner, left a big white space. So now I'm sending them in groups of three since I can't run continous printing with Production Manager 12 to HP machines.

Vinyldog

I’ve been using Flexi-print basic edition HP 12 all day! andit’s working greeeeaaaand and its locked up.

juan.runnells

Production Manager Wide Format
Anyone else have this issue?
When I print multiple copies of a decal, and let's say I need 100....so I set it up in Production Manager, and they fit in 10 rows of 10, perfectly square on the sheet. Once it prints, it will change and do like 9 across, which make it 12 rows, with 1 all by itself in an 12th row. I polled the material width, which I do every time, before printing, so it isn't that. What is going on? I have this happen all the time, and it drives me crazy. Sometimes I will print a few extra of whatever I am printing just to fill it up and make my rows and columns even, but then once it prints, I end up with a top row of just a couple, and the number across has decreased.
And if I look at the file after it is printed, it still looks like what I intended it to print like.
Why would you do this in PM. I import them into flexi, use the step and repeat under align tab to get them to fit my media. Then rip and print to PM from flexi. Works much better.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

eahicks

Why would you do this in PM. I import them into flexi, use the step and repeat under align tab to get them to fit my media. Then rip and print to PM from flexi. Works much better.

Why wouldn't I? That's what the copies entry is for. To print multiple copies. And if I set it to print a certain way, and it SHOWS me how it will print, it should print that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

juan.runnells

Production Manager Wide Format
Why wouldn't I? That's what the copies entry is for. To print multiple copies. And if I set it to print a certain way, and it SHOWS me how it will print, it should print that way.

Fare enough, different methods, the reason I do it in Flexi with step and repeat, is that I can set up the size more effectively and visually.

My cutter is 54". I like my files to be no larger than 48" + 2" for the crop marks. On the right edge I start print position at 2". This is my ideal set up for a 54" roll of media.

I like to see it all on the screen of Flexi as opposed to the under detailed PM preview screen.

Cheers

Bradley Signs

Bradley Signs
Maybe your weed line is just pushing the limit of the size and forcing it to lose one? I cut a lot of stuff very close to the edge, and I make that mistake sometimes.... I add another mm and it's fine... just a thought.

SignProPlus-Chip

I had to print a bunch of 12x24" magnets. They were side up side by side for 54" material. My print preview in production manager still had them side by side as well. Hit print, walk away, cam back an hour later to find it stacked the magnets single fil, one on top of another and wasted half my vinyl.

Seriously, WTF?

eahicks

I had to print a bunch of 12x24" magnets. They were side up side by side for 54" material. My print preview in production manager still had them side by side as well. Hit print, walk away, cam back an hour later to find it stacked the magnets single fil, one on top of another and wasted half my vinyl.

Seriously, WTF?

That's what I'm talking about!

jayhawksigns

Seriously, WTF?
Just curious, was the view in the print preview window pre or post ripping?