• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi help and questions

brycesteiner

I have the newest Flexi cloud that came with my Mutoh. I come from a offset print/prepress background. I have used mostly Adobe software products and am very keen on using them.

1. Why does Flexi work/display in RGB even though the color swatch I've made is in CMYK. I can take the PDF it created and Acrobat confirms it's in RGB.
2. How can I get the color swatch names to show up instead of just hundreds of colors across the bottom?
3. When I tell it to print and set the margin to 0 in the Rip why is it still 6mm (1/4") from the edge. I would like to print on the exact size so I don't have as much cutting.
4. I printed a whole bunch of signs. between each sign is about 1/4". I don't see how to eliminate that. So how make the space 0 so I do just one trim not two?

I'm trying to get used to it but I'm still not there and any help is fantastic!

Thanks,
Bryce

Techman

in production manager,, set the distance between prints..

The printer likely sets the border, you have to trick it into thinking the paper is half inch wider. Use 2 pieces of paper slide one under each side of the paper so they protrude .25,, press load media, when the printer look for the edge it will now be .25 extra added. now you can print edge to edge.