• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi not importing full print files

yamaha581

We have been using Flexi for a couple years and not really had any problems until lately. For some reason when we save out of illustrator and import into Flexi to print it does not always open the full file. For example some times it will cut off part of an object, other times it will just not print a full object (We print motocross graphics so it will either cut off some or just not print a full piece) Or sometimes it will just not print the registration marks. Has anyone else had this problem with it not importing the full print files.

Joe House

I'm pretty sure that the issue lies in the export, not the import. I'm not an Illustrator guru, but someone will surely pipe in here. What format are you using? EPS? PDF?

brycesteiner

Hello Yamaha,

I have this problem regularly with flexi. I'm not really sure why. For example, last week I was making parking permits for rear view mirrors and I was using flexi to do the cut setup. I imported both the PDF, EPS, AI and any other vector format. For some reason it would not import the cut outline. I tried from both Indesign and Illustrator. I use them because I can make much better lines than I can in Flexi (probably because I know Adobe better). It would not import the line nor the graphic that I had. Text was all there. I ended up copying and pasting it from another file that would import correctly. Strange that one would work and the other wouldn't even though the graphic was copy and pasted in Indesign/Illustrator.

I know that it does Flexi because it will import and print in the Flexi RIP just fine.

yamaha581

Hello Yamaha,

I have this problem regularly with flexi. I'm not really sure why. For example, last week I was making parking permits for rear view mirrors and I was using flexi to do the cut setup. I imported both the PDF, EPS, AI and any other vector format. For some reason it would not import the cut outline. I tried from both Indesign and Illustrator. I use them because I can make much better lines than I can in Flexi (probably because I know Adobe better). It would not import the line nor the graphic that I had. Text was all there. I ended up copying and pasting it from another file that would import correctly. Strange that one would work and the other wouldn't even though the graphic was copy and pasted in Indesign/Illustrator.

I know that it does Flexi because it will import and print in the Flexi RIP just fine.
It just seemed weird to me because for the past year I never had this problem until now so I was not sure if it was in an update they did or if it was just me. Usually if it is not importing full pieces I either make the print smaller or I try it in another file type and it usually works. The one today it would not print the registration marks. the marks from Flexi are set as strokes so I had to expand the registration marks in illustrator and once I did that it printed properly. It just sucks printing something out and not realizing that it didn't print the small registration marks. lol

bannertime

The only time I've seen that happen is when something is outside the artboard area in Illustrator. If you have a file that does that, after importing it into Flexi, right click and unmask to expose the hidden stuff. In your export settings make sure to check the that you're not exporting just the artboard. Also make sure to expand strokes to outlines our else Flexi may interpret them wrong. Those are my best guesses.