• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi problem

m.hafenbrack

We reinstalled flexi 8.5 and when I try to open it, it gives an error message saying "internet connection is required for this application to work properly. please check your internet connection"

Obviously we have internet connection, so I don't know why its not even starting up. we uninstalled and reinstalled flexi again, and reset our internet router, but the same error keeps popping up. can anyone help?

Thanks

OADesign

Try (temporarily) turning off any fire walls (windows or otherwise) and virus/net security software.

If Flexi runs fine after that, its just that the licensing software is being blocked. You can add exceptions to both your fire wall and your virus/net security software to allow Flexi to run properly. I think the name of the file to allow are APP.EXE AND APP2.EXE.

m.hafenbrack

Sorry to take so long to respond, busy day. We turned off windows firewall and our antivirus, same error came up. luckily we were able to cut on our rolond through illustrator. Still would like to fix flexi though.

Thanks for the advice.... I hate vista

RavenTecGraphics

I just upgraded to 8.6 from 8.0 since I got a laptop w/ vista on it. i had problems even finding the program after the installation, but i ended up finding something called 'installation manager' in the program folder where it had installed to. once i found that and input our information, then everything was peachy.

hope that helps

graphics guru

we have thought about upgrading from 8.1...but we have all the internet stuff on a totally seperate computer. does this mean we want be able to upgrade

OADesign

we have thought about upgrading from 8.1...but we have all the Internet stuff on a totally seperate computer. does this mean we want be able to upgrade

I assume you mean the other PC is the only one that's connected to the net.

The problem is the SAi is beging to move away from the physical hardware lock /dongle/key. Now they have this software security that goes out to the net at start up and every few minutes to check for a valid license. If there is no net, then flexi dumps out. Kinda sucks if you ask me.

SignosaurusRex

I assume you mean the other PC is the only one that's connected to the net.

The problem is the SAi is beging to move away from the physical hardware lock /dongle/key. Now they have this software security that goes out to the net at start up and every few minutes to check for a valid license. If there is no net, then flexi dumps out. Kinda sucks if you ask me.

You may want to consider getting a USB hard key/dongle for your software which is still available for a small fee.

Fairlane500

New Flexi8.6 problem

Too frustrated for a Monday. I have new Flexi8.6 software installed and can't wait to use it. My Roland SP-330V won't recognize it. I keep getting a write port error. The VersaWorks runs fine using a USB cable. New Dell w/ win XP. I've likely overlooked something and am too frustrated to think clearly or too dumb to know what. Can anybody help?

Fairlane500

Flexi8.6 not running my sp-300v

Thanks Mike, The PM shows the Roland VersaCAMM SP-300V as the device. It is connected to the computer with a USB cable. The key is in place and everything is on. Does it matter which USB port is used? I can't tell a difference between any of the six ports. Thanks, Denny

DRPSignsNGrafix

I'd reccomend removing the set up the SP300V and then reset it up or do a add new device and name it something stupid and see if that works.

m.hafenbrack

Thanks for the advice. We found out that our network driver is corrupted or something. Vista is pickingup two drivers, but we only have one. Apparently its confusing flexi when it tries to get online to check the licensing. So it keeps closing down. At least thats what the tech guy said... still don't know how to fix it either...

mikestickers

Chief, Cook and Dish Washer!
We reinstalled flexi 8.5 and when I try to open it, it gives an error message saying "internet connection is required for this application to work properly. please check your internet connection"

Obviously we have internet connection, so I don't know why its not even starting up. we uninstalled and reinstalled flexi again, and reset our internet router, but the same error keeps popping up. can anyone help?

Thanks

mikestickers

Thanks
Did you ever figure out how to get around it? Just yesterday I got the window "no internet connection" I just talked to Sai Corp and they basically said TO BAD! Up grade! we are not fixing the problem.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Did you ever figure out how to get around it? Just yesterday I got the window "no internet connection" I just talked to Sai Corp and they basically said TO BAD! Up grade! we are not fixing the problem.

Unfortunately it's not going to work until someone finds a way to crack it. When you re-install it has to validate the install by contacting a server that is owned and operated by Flexi. The problem is the server malfunctioned and they decided not to repair it.

mikestickers

Unfortunately it's not going to work until someone finds a way to crack it. When you re-install it has to validate the install by contacting a server that is owned and operated by Flexi. The problem is the server malfunctioned and they decided not to repair it.

Ya, I just got an email from them 5 min ago stating their server went down over Labor Day weekend...and they don't have a fix for it. TOTAL BS! they are forcing you to buy their new software at $75/mo or $1700......this is corp theft! Funny thing is, Its been working fine after Labor Day up until today. Labor Day was two weeks ago which only shows their BS!

Rhode02

Any ideas what to do with message “
an internet connection is required to validate flexisign pro 8.5”? I’m connected to the internet.

WildWestDesigns

an internet connection is required to validate flexisign pro 8.5”? I’m connected to the internet.

Like was already mentioned, the only way to get around this is if someone cracks the program.

While you may have internet, the server on the other side has to have it. There is no server, so because the program can't make that "handshake", it pops up the generic "no internet connection".

jimdtg

As long as SAi turned off that old activation server so all old versions are using Sofkey license type is no longer can be activated.