• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Production Manager Pauses When Pc Sleeps

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Set prints up for overnight printing and all is good until pc goes to sleep. The printer pauses until wiggling the mouse. My suggestion was to change the settings to not sleep but I have no say in the matter only the Network Admin can make that call. Anyone have any insight on the matter?

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
That's the only way around it. When the PC goes to "Sleep", all programs are suspended. It doesn't matter if you're in the middle of a print or not because the Production Manager is runs as a "background" program by design (to go easy on PC resources). Explain to the Admin why you need the PC not to sleep.If they refuse to change it, don't try any overnight runs and when the boss wants to know why production is suffering, explain why.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Thanks, GaSouthpaw. lol, I think we're at that point now. I'll let you know how it goes.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
? Why would they have an issue setting your PC to never sleep? Why would you want a computer that RIPs and runs a printer to ever sleep/hibernate/shut down or anything? And more curious why you need an Admin to change this...it's a simple setting on all PC's.