• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi questions

datcat

Transferring everything to a new PC and just getting around to using Flexi again because I also have another program I design and cut from but I prefer Flexi's production manager. I've had the new Dell Dual Core (XP not Vista) about a month and I know it's got some quirks associated to the USB ports as this problem may be a PC related problem rather than program....like it locks up if you have a flash drive in on boot. Anyway, I've just got around to really using the new PC and thankfully haven't put the old one to rest because of things like this. I had Flexi up and running on this and ran a few jobs ok but had gone back to my old PC for some other jobs and moved the dongle back to it. When I decided to pull the trigger and start using the new PC it's not recognizing the dongle. I've pulled all the usb devices out of ports and refreshed on boot and then plugged the dongle in and the PC recognizes it by name and says good to go but when I crank up Flexi it gives me the "no dongle" error even. Tried every port and done all but an uninstall/reload....did a write over reload with no success???

Also,
This one's probably an easy one but I haven't figured it out. How do you make a particular color become your start-up preference for fill and stroke? I've got all my other preferences set and working fine but my pallet comes up with "white" as a preference and it drive's me nuts to have to change colors to begin work.

thewood

You may need to install the Hasp Driver to reconcile the dongle issue. I believe this is a SP2 issue. You can download the new Hasp Driver from the Scanvec website.

I believe the default fill color is the first color in your swatch table. Simple move black to the first spot.

datcat

You may need to install the Hasp Driver to reconcile the dongle issue. I believe this is a SP2 issue. You can download the new Hasp Driver from the Scanvec website.

I believe the default fill color is the first color in your swatch table. Simple move black to the first spot.

Thanks for the input...no luck yet though. SA's hasp update is for an Alladin dongle, mine's a rainbow technology. Their e-support's not working for me either...I get an error when I submit the question and I'm out of the 90 day free tech support so I guess that makes me SOL with SA's help. I went ahead and deleted drivers and program, started fresh and still no luck. XP's finding the dongle, installing driver and lighting the led but the program still can't find it in any port I have it in.

Thanks for the color preference tip...at least I got that working on my old PC.

redscooter

Clearing Flexi's preferences might do it. Usually you can find this command in your Start menu in the same folder as the program itself. If for some reason you can't find it there, go into Windows Explorer and find C:/Program Files/Flexi. Clear Preferences should be inside.

If that doesn't work, my only other guess is that your serial number is typed in wrong. Can't remember exactly where this is; try poking around in the Program Files/Flexi folder, or possibly in Preferences. If the wrong number is entered, Flexi won't see your dongle because the code doesn't match.

As for color preferences... when you first open Flexi, change your fill and stroke color without actually drawing anything. Then close the program. When you restart it it should default to the fill and stroke colors you just chose.

Hope this helps..

iSign

welcome to the boards red...

I think Datcat would have died of starvation if this wasn't resolved by now...

but sounds like some good suggestions that will stay with this thread & help others