• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi reading Signlab files?

ButeSigns

I’ve subscribed to Flexi for a month to see if their RIP is better than the Signlab one. I contacted their online support and within 5 mins a tech took over the pc with teamviewer ,set up the programme and asked me to send a test print to the printer... the print was almost perfect! Just needs a slight tweak. Reluctant to move from Signlab as I’ve been using it for years to cut and design with, I contacted Signlab to try one last time to help sort out the settings in the RIP.... their Answer?..... can’t help as they don’t know what the problem is! So looks like I’ll be moving to Flexi!

ButeSigns

Might sell my Signlab Print & Cut 9.1 and keep the ver10 design pro for a while till I get used to the Flexi package

WildWestDesigns

If you are planning on moving from one proprietary format to another, I would suggest moving your files to something that may be a bit more "universal" and able to be imported to the other program.

Sometimes, even when there is some ability to import other program's "working files", not everything translate well (not all the time, sometimes it depends on what version and what effects/features that were used in a particular file etc).

That's not to say that there aren't hiccups with a more "universal" format either, but I would say your odds are better then trying to import a proprietary format from another package directly. For cut work, typically wireframe info handles fairly well, at least in my experience, that may vary.

I usually for myself, have one master file that is the working file and then I try to have something that is the best that I can have while having more programs accept it (depending on the project and what was used, there are trade-offs this isn't perfect either). Mainly for this very reason, in case I switch to another program down the line (which I have done, numerous times depending on the program over the yrs).