• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi saves and opens some files real slow

Andy D

I'm new to Flexi, I always used Corel Draw..
It took almost 20 minutes to open a Flexi file this morning,
and every time I wanted to save changes to the file, it took about 5-10
minutes... and it wasn't that big of a file, around 30 megabytes.
It seems to be compressing the images when I save, and un-compressing when I open the
files, is there a way to turn this off?
Or are there other things I can do to speed up the save and opening of files?
(besides updating my hardware)
I'm working off of version 11.

Joe House

Try clicking on the linked option (I think) when you bring in the images, then it will not save the image in the file, only a placeholder. When you go to print, it will refer to the original file, so don't get rid of the file. Also, I'm assuming this is on the local hard drive and not a 3.5" floppy;) or a network drive.

jayhawksigns

There are a lot of variables. Ton of vectors, especially text will slow it down, large images as well. Like you mentioned though, hardware can be a big factor.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Try clicking on the linked option (I think) when you bring in the images, then it will not save the image in the file, only a placeholder. When you go to print, it will refer to the original file, so don't get rid of the file. Also, I'm assuming this is on the local hard drive and not a 3.5" floppy;) or a network drive.

As far as the slow opening/saving of files...it should be pretty quick for most files, unless you have really large resolution images, or vectors with millions of nodes. Those two things do bog down Flexi that I have seen. If you keep any bitmaps you bring in to a minimum of 100 dpi at full size (whether it be TIF, PSD, or JPG) you usually will experience normal load or save times.