• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Sign Prints Missing Colors

149motorsports

I am emailing files out in flexi sign format to my printing guy. They look great on the screen,but when he prints them, some of the outline colors vanish or these little grid boxes appear all over the text. This happens also when I save as an eps and send also. Any ideas?? This is an on going problem when sending out files. I placed pics before. Thanks

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0.jpg
    imagejpeg_0.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 215
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 228

DJr

Is it a legit version of Flexi? Sometimes hacked versions will do glitchy things to prints.

Snydo

Had this happen a few years ago, to fix mine I removed that printer from production manager then re-added it.

Also with a .pdf weird things can happen with strokes and outlines, flatten the image before you .pdf it out in photoshop or illustrator.

jayhawksigns

Was going to suggest converting everything to outlines. That way it'll rule out font issues.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

DropZoneSpec

I'm curious if there is a conflict between your color settings and whatever color conversion choice your printer is using to open your file.
Does it look right on his end before printing? Rasterlink doesn't have the best preview, but good enough to see blocks of color missing.

Ahmed Samy Nagada

This is very common with Flexi, it doesn't render vectors well. Better switch to another solid RIP like Wasatach.
For the time being your only solution is to rasterize the file using photoshop and print as TIFF