• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi toolbars moving

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Does anyone else have an issue with all their toolbars being moved/rearranged in Flexi? Like every morning I come in, flip my monitor on (pc stays running) and all my toolbars are all shifted and stacked to one side of my screen.... I keep them organized in a certain order, 2 rows across the top. This is absolutely annoying and just started happening when I installed this Flexi Designer on this PC. I used to have full Flexi Sign & Print on here, but moved it to new PC and installed just Designer on this one. Never had this issue with the full version.

EDIT: before everyone asks, both are latest versions of 12.

OhioSigns

Every once in a great while it does it on it's own. If I hit the icon to maximize the window it will rearrange them. I also run a 3 monitor setup and if I drag the window from one screen to the next it will rearrange them. It's very annoying and I never could find any kind of way to lock them in place.

eahicks

Every once in a great while it does it on it's own. If I hit the icon to maximize the window it will rearrange them. I also run a 3 monitor setup and if I drag the window from one screen to the next it will rearrange them. It's very annoying and I never could find any kind of way to lock them in place.
You know this got me thinking....I do have my display setup at 125%....I wonder if this is conflicting with Flexi. I'm gonna reset to 100% and see what happens.

eahicks

You know this got me thinking....I do have my display setup at 125%....I wonder if this is conflicting with Flexi. I'm gonna reset to 100% and see what happens.
So screen display change didn't fix it. I turned off the monitor, turned it back on and all my toolbars did the same thing. Most bizarre thing I've ever seen a program do. Simply powering off the monitor makes them rearrange. Guess I'll ask someone at SAI.

AKwrapguy

Does anyone else have an issue with all their toolbars being moved/rearranged in Flexi? Like every morning I come in, flip my monitor on (pc stays running) and all my toolbars are all shifted and stacked to one side of my screen.... I keep them organized in a certain order, 2 rows across the top. This is absolutely annoying and just started happening when I installed this Flexi Designer on this PC. I used to have full Flexi Sign & Print on here, but moved it to new PC and installed just Designer on this one. Never had this issue with the full version.

EDIT: before everyone asks, both are latest versions of 12.

I keep mine on the left side and never have a issue. I know that if you go to File and go down to Workspace you can create a custom workspace. This might be the issue as you might have it set to default.

WildWestDesigns

Does Flexi have any ability to setup custom workspaces? That way when it changes, for whatever reason, it's easy enough to just revert back to how you have the workspace setup?

bannertime

It does, but it's not really like you can set multiple workspaces and switch between them. It's more about changing to a workspace similar to another program. You can add and remove all the toolbars and put them where you want and it "auto" saves to the custom option. It should reopen how you last closed it, including swatches.

The main issue is, when the window changes sizes, Flexi doesn't allow the toolbars to be hidden or covered. It forces them to rearrange to fit on screen.

fuzzy_cam

The Granbury Wrap & Sign Guy
This is happening when you turn your monitor off and back on. The PC recognizes that the monitor is off and has to "repopulate" that screen.

eahicks

Ok I know all of the above mentioned. Workspace is irrelevant here....the toolbars are all separate groups that can be moved wherever you want, no matter the workspace you choose. I have them set a certain way. And yes, closing the app and reopening it, they are where they should be. My problem is if my monitor shuts off, then back on, they all change. Which makes ZERO sense.
Attaching a photo here....top screen is normal setup. Bottom half is after turning monitor off and then back on.
This a new problem and only happens on this PC with this Flexi Designer.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    466.8 KB · Views: 198

bannertime

It's like what Cam said. If you turn one monitor off and leave the other on, you may notice some flashes or adjustments. It's likely The Flexi window is getting shrunk which causes the toolbars to not fit all the way across the screen. Which is why it only moves the ones on the far right enough to fit on the smaller window.

Last edited:

fuzzy_cam

It is so irritating when the program actually moves and messes stuff up... LOL. I get angry when someone comes and moves flexi to my other screen on my PC. I have everything the way I want it:
upload_2018-4-11_9-43-27.png

eahicks

It's like what Cam said. If you turn one monitor off and leave the other on, you may notice some flashes or adjustments. It's likely The Flexi window is getting shrunk which causes the toolbars to not fit all the way across the screen. Which is why it only moves the ones on the far right enough to fit on the smaller window.
HUH? What do you mean "turn one monitor off and leave the other on"? I'm only on one monitor.

ChrisN

Depending how they're connected, turning off some monitors makes the computer think you have unplugged it. So then Flexi thinks the screen size changed, and adjusts its toolbars to compensate for that. Does your monitor have alternative ways to connect to the computer? My monitors are connected via DVI & HDMI, and I don't have these problems. I think some monitors connected via DisplayPort have this problem.

fuzzy_cam

HUH? What do you mean "turn one monitor off and leave the other on"? I'm only on one monitor.

Same thing happens, like I said.... Turning the monitor off makes the same thing happen as changing the size of the program window.

eahicks

Depending how they're connected, turning off some monitors makes the computer think you have unplugged it. So then Flexi thinks the screen size changed, and adjusts its toolbars to compensate for that. Does your monitor have alternative ways to connect to the computer? My monitors are connected via DVI & HDMI, and I don't have these problems. I think some monitors connected via DisplayPort have this problem.
This one is Displayport. Guess that's the issue.

OhioSigns

Mine does not move them when I minimize Flexi to the taskbar...... maybe before you shut your monitor off make a habit of minimizing it to the task bar and see if that works.

WildWestDesigns

Why not just have to where the computer shuts off the feed to the monitor and not actually power it down.

Turn screen off after "X" amount of time. If that's what is causing the issue. After so long of no feed, the monitors should then go into stand by mode. Then all you'll have to do is move the mouse and there you go. I run 3 monitors (HDMI, DVI, Mini-Display) and I've never noticed this type of issue with other programs, but it's possible that those programs don't have that "bug" etc.