• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi user since 1995. Windows 7.0 issue....

signguy37

We use quality materials!
I upgraded Flexi to 8.6 last year and had fairly good luck with most of the aspects of Flexi's everyday design/cut features. However, this year I upgraded to a new computer with Windows 7.0 and I've had some strange things happen and I wondered if anyone else had this happen:

One thing is when I have a file open and I would like to cut or copy a bitmap image (typically a photo, but not always) to another file, and when I go to do either, Flexi hangs up big time.... not the proverbial hour glass, but that new 7.0 swirly-gig for eternity. The only option is to exit out of Flexi... it locks it all up without a chance to save your drawing, etc.

I thought it was a fluke, but after a few months of fighting this, I'm wondering if there is a known bug? It was a new Dell with all the bells and whistles and plenty of ram over what's required, etc. Never seen this before in any of my several versions of registered Flexi.

Next up is rounding corners. Why do I have such a hard time getting the software to "round all corners" by a certain amount (say .020). There are days when it will , and most days it just will not round... it goes to some unrealistic default like .0003 or smaller? The best corner rounding that Flexi ever had in my opinion was back on 5.7v3. That was bulletproof in my opinion and I don't think I'll ever get rid of that version... I keep it loaded on a seperate computer just to round corners when I need to because I can rely on it EVERY TIME.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

Kurt:help

Last edited:

Sideline

Flexi Win 7

I just upgraded also to Win 7...I still have Flexi on my XP system, so I have not completely gone to the Win 7 machine, however, I have found that the support people form SAintl.biz have been very helpful. I switched back to a hardkey vs. the softkey for Flexi so I can go from one machine to another if something would happento the XP.
I'd try the support team.

Gene@mpls

The best corner rounding that Flexi ever had in my opinion was back on 5.7v3. That was bulletproof in my opinion and I don't think I'll ever get rid of that version... I keep it loaded on a seperate computer just to round corners when I need to because I can rely on it EVERY TIME.

This has driven me crazy as well- used it all the time in F5.7. I believe that
the amount the collective corners will round is the distance of the closest
node to any corner- sometimes if you reduce the number of nodes it helps.
I think that is why sometimes it seems to work and other times not- I would
like to be able to set the diameter and click on corners and get equal rounding on all corners (except where the 'too close node' condition exists)
but it does not allow that.

signguy37

I guess it makes sense what you are saying about nodes too close to corner... it certainly wasn't a problem in 5.7... I wish there was a workaround for this issue. For now, it's still "export file to 5.7, round the corners, export out... import it back into Flexi 7 or 8 depending which computer I'm using.... too many steps.

Steph_Stamm

Hey Kurt,

Updating (free) your software will likely solve the bitmap issue. First check to see what build you have (Help > About in Flexi to find the build #). If you have 1472, then you're already on the latest. If you have build 1465, then this update will work perfectly.

Here are the instructions:

1. Visit www.SAintl.biz
2. Login/Register in the upper right corner
3. Enter your username and password
4. Click the Downloads link
5. Click the button for Flexi
6. Choose PC > Flexi 8.6> Software Update > Submit
7. Under the Software Updates heading, click the green Download arrow next to the “Flexi8.6v2PPS6.1v2SP1Updater” file
8. The download will begin. Run the program once prompted by your browser.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and more importantly if that worked!

signguy37

Steph,

Thanks so much for the help. I was at the lower build number. I did go to the site and update the software to the 1472. On the very first try to copy a photo, it worked fine, and it also cut and pasted just fine. I hope it works every time, that would be great!

There was a point in time when it was difficult to get tech support from Flexi without paying by the minute and I have been stuck in that mind frame. Having techs viewing forums and contacting their customers personally is like a dream. Thanks again. Now if that "rounding corners" tech tip would only present itself..... :)

Thanks again!

Kurt

Steph_Stamm

Hey Kurt,

Thanks for your comments - we're glad to help! I played around with the rounding corners feature but couldn't reproduce that issue. You might want to consider giving our free tech support a call at 1(800) 229-9044. Thanks!

Steph