• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi12 mutoh edition

NazGraphics

hello all happy new year
got my self a new mutoh it came with flexi12 mutoh edition software
everything work fine till trying to hook up my Vinyl express Q100 (made by Graphtec)
and its not connecting... the drivers that comes wit the flexi 12 is only Graphtec drivers
and non of them work
called flexi and they want 600 bucks for the Vinyl express Q100 driver

thanks

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Yeah that's how it works unfortunately. The $600 basically upgrades you to full blown Flexi so you will not only get the drivers for the cutter but all of the drivers for almost any machine you can think of.

NazGraphics

yes if i knew mutoh would not let flexi install all drivers in 12 i would not get mutoh at all cheap bastards can i say cheap basters to them since they are one
i am still using my my flexi 8.5 for cutting but only thing i am missing out is countour cutting [HASHTAG]#mutoh[/HASHTAG]

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If you think of it from their perspective, they sell you everything you need to run their printer which is what everyone else in the industry does. Mimaki gives you Rasterlink which only runs Mimakis. Roland gives you Versaworks which only runs Rolands. Epson gives you a watered down version of Onyx that only runs Epsons. Flexi makes their software to run virtually any printer, cutter, router and engraver in the world. If they gave that away with the printer, the cost of the printer would go up about $4000.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
What kind of software comes with the Q100?.
You should be able to print from Flexi and contour cut from the Q app.
I use Flexi 12 Mutoh addition to RIP & print and then contour cut to my Graphtec through Illustrator or CorelDraw. Using the plug-in supplied by Graphtec (My CE6000 is also not supported by Flexi-Mutoh).
Post up what software you use - this should be doable.

wayne k
guam usa

NazGraphics

hello:dog42:
good ppl
i made it work printed on mutoh 1324x and cut on vinyl express aka graphtec on flexi 12 mutoh edition
very easy fix took me couple weeks :cool::)o_O

NazGraphics

What kind of software comes with the Q100?.
You should be able to print from Flexi and contour cut from the Q app.
I use Flexi 12 Mutoh addition to RIP & print and then contour cut to my Graphtec through Illustrator or CorelDraw. Using the plug-in supplied by Graphtec (My CE6000 is also not supported by Flexi-Mutoh).
Post up what software you use - this should be doable.

wayne k
guam usa
sorry just saw you post it came wit lxi flexi 8.5

Wrap it

hello:dog42:
good ppl
i made it work printed on mutoh 1324x and cut on vinyl express aka graphtec on flexi 12 mutoh edition
very easy fix took me couple weeks :cool::)o_O

I am having the same exact scenario. Could you share your fix I would greatly appreciate it, haven't got to use my vinyl express plotter cause the Mutoh Edition flexi 12 doesn't have the driver. Thanks in advance!

mark galoob

The fix is to upgrade from that piece of crap mutoh edition to a regular flexi. I tried that mutoh edition and it was terrible. Using it forces you to make multiple moves to get to one thing where it should only take you one or two moves to get there. It does this throughout the entire software. I had the upgrade budgeted in so no big deal but I wanted to try it first. It’s like a very old edition of flexi.

Wrap it

The fix is to buy the full version of flexi or buy the Signwarehouse LXI software. It's $200 compared to flexi which can be rather expensive.

I figured it was worth a try since NazGraphics said he came up with a solution. I was hoping but I guess my plotter will continue to collect dust until I can upgrade the software. Thanks for the reply though.