• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

flexible standing height worktable

robwaterman

Does anyone knowof a flexible (collapsible) table for working on projects?

We currently use a 29.5" x 5' collapseable table with some metal pipes and tennis balls (hardwood floors) for extensions to bring it to a height of 34" (standing height)

we're always in need of more table space, and since we're in a tight spot, we need them to be collapse able. does anyone have any recommendations for a good table arrangement?

thanks,
-rob

also, is there an area on the forums where people have posted pictures of their sign shop? i remember seeing something like that a while ago.

2B

do not have a suggestion to the folding table option, we custom built all of our tables to the needed specs.

a quick and easy solution is to get your self a sheet of PVC 6mm, either a 48x96 or a 60x120 and cut to the size you need and lay it on your current table. it is light and easy to move and when not in use stand up against the wall out of the way

OldPaint

i made a pair of carpenters horses. those things you cut stuff on. i am 5'11" and a back that dont like being sorta bent over. i made them 38" tall. i have a 5/8th plywood sheet on top of them. couple ways to get the right heigth for you:
1.measure from your belly button to the floor. this will keep you from bending over if table top is that tall.
2. stand straight up, bring forearm up to 90 degree from you body, have someone measure the height.
for most people a good working height table when your standing is 36"-40".
most tables you buy are SITTING TABLES!!! these are made to work with standard CHAIR HEIGHT....of 16-18". then they add 10" so you can sit at a table and your elbows are just right height)))))
go into a welding/mechanic area. all tables in those places are 36-40" tall.