Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FlexiPro 10.0 or Adobe Illustrator CS5 Question?

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by jestoker723, Aug 28, 2012.

1. jestoker723

jestoker723 Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Lawrenceville, GA
    I need to find out if the window sticker can be cut to the contour of the design. I've attached the design. I'm new to Flexi and Illustrator. The design has a box around it and I want to be able to cut the shape of the sticker out. Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Scott Reynolds

Scott Reynolds Active Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Select the design and click."contour.cut" in flexi. Do some testing till you get it working the way you want.

3. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    In Illustrator you would use Offset Path. Then stroke that path with whatever color your cutter recognizes as a cut contour. Easy Peasy. Another way is to copy and paste directly behind the original, delete all color then stroke that copy with a cut contour approved color.

Usually when we do decals the bleed is a solid print behind them. That way even if your contour cut is off you will never see any white edges. For the few pennies extra in ink it will always pay off.

4. thewood

thewood Very Active Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Tennessee
    This can easily be accomplished in either software. In Flexi, you will need to Ungroup and then Unmask the artwork to get rid of the "box" around the vector artwork.

I agree that you will want to add a thin red outline for bleed prior to cutting.

5. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    You probably want to add it prior to printing :thumb: