• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

flexi's capability

visual800

Ill tell you like I tell everyone else...cut all updates on your computers OFF!!!

I have updated windows 98 and my flexi crashed since that day no more updates. Last year I went to another sign shop here in town that has a router. Every couple months his router *****up. I went in his comp and cut all updates off...NO MORE ISSUES>

When your comp updates its only updating the comp NOT the stuff on it. Some may pipe in and disagree with me on how vital the updates are but right now Im running windows 7 for a little over 1 year with no updates and its fine. I ran xp with no updates

WildWestDesigns

When your comp updates its only updating the comp NOT the stuff on it. Some may pipe in and disagree with me on how vital the updates are but right now Im running windows 7 for a little over 1 year with no updates and its fine. I ran xp with no updates

Security certificates, those type of updates I would say maybe necessary. Some programs will need a newer one in order to run. I have run into those issues before.

Now, if I recall correctly Bruce, you like to run a generation or two behind with your programs, so more then likely that won't be an issue for you. It just may or may not be an issue for those that keep current with their programs. In fact, I would say because of that, it presents the opposite issue with you. Problems with older software not liking the newer updates. Which it seems like that may be the case.

Having said all that, I too have my updates turned off, but I have had to do some updates in order to get one or two programs to work that were recent purchases.

visual800

Security issues are BS!..I get No issues on my windows. Ive had people bring computers to me to repair and there is just TONS and TONS of security updates and patches, this is what initially brings computers down and begins their ultimate fails. All of this overloaded panicky BS from microsoft.

And yes wild you are correct I stay a few steps behind BUT I do have windows 7 and the latest flexi...I KNOW Im shocked also...I dont think Ive ever been this current on anything THINK ABOUT THIS. When you first but a comp it runs great fast and efficient after a few months of updates it starts to slow and then ultimately blue screen or just refuse to run. If those updates did not happen it would be just as good as new except for the everyday tasks it is to perform

WildWestDesigns

Security issues are BS!..I get No issues on my windows. Ive had people bring computers to me to repair and there is just TONS and TONS of security updates and patches, this is what initially brings computers down and begins their ultimate fails. All of this overloaded panicky BS from microsoft.

Not necessarily security issues per se. I've had zero security issues and mine still runs crazy fast, but I don't do every part of the update. I do have a couple of programs though required me to do an update on the security certificates of the program. For whatever reason, that I'm unsure of, but they wouldn't run without those. I have not done an update since and don't plan on doing it, but there are odds times like that when you get a new program that sometimes they do require something that was apart of an update.

And yes wild you are correct I stay a few steps behind BUT I do have windows 7 and the latest flexi...I KNOW Im shocked also..

Were you sick? Hell frozen over? I just can't imagine that you did that.

FrankW

will an update for my mac screw up flexisignpro 7.5?

Yes. Dating up to an Intel-Mac with OS 10.7 or newer will kick your Flexi 7.5 because Flexi 7.5 isn't compatible with the Intel processors Apple use since several years, and from 10.7 on the emulator which allows old Software to run is not integrated anymore.