• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexisign keeps shutting down

packman

Been running flexisign 7.5 now on my pc for around 3 years and never had a problem.
Today, all of a sudden its started to play up.

When I click to open flexisign it starts to load up and then it opens and 2 seconds later it dissapears. I thought it may be hidden somewhere, but I opened task manager and its not there.

I tried another way of double clicking a .fs file to open it that way. Flexi opens, I see the image and then it closes again.

I've reinstalled it, yet no difference.

I've run a scan of the pc with avg and nothing shows up.

Anybody know of a solution or has had this problem?

Cheers Mark

slipperyfrog

I can remember a problem like this a couple years ago. Flexi would run a bit longer than what you are saying but suddenly just turn off. For us it had to do with my dongle taking a crapper.

Have you installed any new photoshop plugins or anything? Fred found one of them causes Flexi to crash. 8.x did the same thing when you had too many fonts installed on your machine.

packman

No I haven't done anything different or installed anything. The only thing I did was plug in an 8 port usb adapter. I even unplugged that and rebooted and still nothing.

vansparrow

Did anyone get this to work again? Mine just started doing the same thing running FlexiSIGN PRO

ver.7.6v2

Have restarted multi amount of times and nothing is working. :banghead:

mfatty500

My 8.6 v2 froze up yesterday while trying to cut vinyl, could it be related? It is working ok today, I re-booted my computer and everything appears to be back to normal.

vansparrow

No idea, it just happens to stop working when the whole city needs last min. vinyl cutting,

is there a way to cut with adobe programs.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
No idea, it just happens to stop working when the whole city needs last min. vinyl cutting,

is there a way to cut with adobe programs.
Depends on what cutter you are using.
Most of the name brand cutters have plug-ins that work with Illustrator & CorelDraw.
Check their support sites.
I have Flexi 8.6 but find it is faster to cut from both AI & Corel with the plug-ins supplied by Graphtec (Cutting Master 3).

wayne k
guam usa

SignProPlus-Chip

Working in Windows 7?

It's likely shutting down because it's not getting the permissions it's asking for at startup

Right click your icon and select "run as administrator" It may fix the issue, it happens from time to time with the cloud version here too.

Dirtbag

Call Sai

Had this issue yesterday with my subscription account with Flexi 12 design. Just called in and they added a patch in less than 5 minutes. No issues since. Could be from a new Windows update IMO.

good luck

player

Try unplugging the 8 port USB adapter. Windows will give the adapter USB priority over everything else on USB. My CNC uses this to give priority to the USB controller box. Without the USB adapter the CNC will crap out, but with it the CNC becomes the #1 priority over other USB devices... Worth a shot...

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
If all else fails and you can't get it to start right, the preferences may be corrupted. Try going in to the SAi folder, find the program Preference Manager, run that and Load Defaults. It will probably reset all your tools and workspace setting, but it should run again....then just takes a couple minutes to set back up all your tools and what not. Doesn't affect files, printer setups, etc.

S11930

before you restore defaults in flexi

go to sai in your c drive program directory. Make a copy of that directory put it on a usb drive or external drive. When you clear preferences you might lose your printing pre-sets, templates, plugins etc. When you clear preferences go to your copy compare the directories copy and paste. Its especially useful if you have a custom desktop. I have it set-up the way i like it if you clear preferences you might have to reset it.

CVS

Windows 10

I had this happen with my Flexi 10.5. I did have a Windows update recently and it started shutting down all the time. Only Flexi 12 works with Windows 10 apparently- but I was doing fine until the last upgrade. I had to update to Flexi 12 to stop this from happening.

cartoad

I have had Flexi 10.5.1 on a windows 10 machine since windows 10 came out, up till a few days ago. Same problem, starts to open, says screw you and poof gone. So after removing, and re installing, same problem, put it on an older lap top I use for other things when the main computer is crunching something, and with XP worked fine. So since it had been working on the newer machine with Windows 10 thought that Flexi (SAI) might have a fix called this am, nope, no fix, infact they were acting amazed that it had worked on for so long one Windows 10. Options, cloud based full system @$49 a month, but since I only now use it for design (because I really like the program AND have tons of files I have done in Flexi) the "deal" would be the design program for only $1000 or $29 per month! So guess I will be as time permits transfer files to the laptop, and save as eps and use in illustrator, what a pain, not sure who I am pissed at more, Gates or SAI, Glad I still have a few old computers that I have not thrown away.