• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Flexisign-pro 10 contour cut error

Campbell63

Hey guys, I'm having a problem with adding a contour cut path around my design.

A little background on my issue. I am designing motorcycle graphics in Adobe Illustrator. So I have a template that I bought from motosportstemplates.com, then I make a clipping mask on each individual piece of the template, and then I put shapes/lines and logos on the template. I tried saving the file as an AI file and Flexi will not open designs if they are in AI files. So I tried saving my designs as an EPS file and Flexi will open those just fine. But the bad thing is that when I try to apply a contour cut path to my design in flexi, the cut path is just in a square around my design(FYI I have "CONTOUR" selected as my cut path option in my design center).

One day I designed helmet decals for my uncle. Saved them as an EPS file, Flexi did the same thing, but I found this "select within" button when I right click and that worked fine and I could select each object and make a contour path around everything just how i wanted it. Printed it out, cut it and it was perfect.

So now if I import a motorcycle graphics file, I try the select with in and it will only select one object. And I go to every individual object and they won't select, like i said only one object will select.

So I go back into AI and remove that object to see if I will be able to select the others and it will do the same thing but with a different object this time.

What makes me mad is that sometimes I'll import a motorcycle graphics design into flexi in an EPS file and the contour path will apply perfectly.

It makes no sense to me why this problem is occurring and then sometimes it doesn't. If you have any ideas of what it could be PLEASE HELP!!!

Campbell63

I would just open the AI files. I'll try importing one. I've tried to ungroup the object before but it says that they are already ungrouped.

Jburns

last thing I can think of is right click - unmask- then delete the black mask layer - then edit. I have had better luck downsaving AI files to an older version (7??) and then bring into flexi.

I run an older version 8.1

bannertime

Have you looked at an unmask option instead of trying to ungroup? AI may have added an additional clipping mask.

bannertime

Unmask in Flexi, it should be right under the ungroup button. It'll unmask the selected objects and show a black object in the shape of the mask. You can delete it, move it, or make it the contour path.